Any reviews on NiCOE

ReinaCat

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
It has been recommended that my husband be evaluated at NiCOE. Does anyone have experience with that? Thanks

I have no experience with this program, I went through a program at the Long Beach VA and the Sports Concussion Institute in Los Angeles. Both we a little helpful, however once you add in Tricare, travel and all of the rest of the bullshit, I was not too happy.

Then I went through a neuro-educational program at Coastline Community College (they call it the Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) program. It was a year long course that taught me many skills using alternative learning techniques as well as the use of assistive technology (tablets, smartphones, the use of cloud computing) that really helped me make sense of my TBI.

Wow, that may be an option for him as well. Long Beach is the VA he will be assigned to and Coastline College is not too far from us. We are in Orange County. He has done the 6 month program at the Concussion Care Center on Pendleton, but they released him and said there was nothing more the can do. Thank you. We just want to get him prepared for school to start in August. His issues are memory, processing speed, and vestibular.