script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

Appeal TDRL 100% for potential PDRL?

I just got results from the IPEB of 100% DoD & 100% VA but I was placed on the TDRL. My unfitting condition is a pretty severe case of epilepsy that developed while I was deployed. My epilepsy was pretty out of control at the time of the MEB but I imagine it could improve over time with the help of medication. When I go in for re-evaluation I could see the disability rating being lowered significantly based on the VASRD. My question is if this is worth appealing in attempt for placement on PDRL or if I should be satisfied with the current 100% TDRL rating?

RonG

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I just got results from the IPEB of 100% DoD & 100% VA but I was placed on the TDRL. My unfitting condition is a pretty severe case of epilepsy that developed while I was deployed. My epilepsy was pretty out of control at the time of the MEB but I imagine it could improve over time with the help of medication. When I go in for re-evaluation I could see the disability rating being lowered significantly based on the VASRD. My question is if this is worth appealing in attempt for placement on PDRL or if I should be satisfied with the current 100% TDRL rating?
Hello,

You were were placed on the TDRL because it was determined there is a chance for improvement in your condition.

You said, "...but I imagine it could improve over time with the help of medication."

This is somewhat of an odd situation. You agree with the determination that the condition might improve, but you want to appeal the decision anyway. See oddpedestrian's remarks above.

Frankly, I would leave it alone and if the condition has not improved upon reevaluation, it becomes the PDBR rating. If it does improve, your prediction was correct.

Regards,
Ron

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Your type of conditions is the very reason TDRL is an option available to the board.