Appeal, Without a Formal Board

mtafoya04

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Has anyone filed an appeal, without a formal board for an admin correction? I had to do this and curious on the timeline.

Has anyone filed an appeal, without a formal board for an admin correction? I had to do this and curious on the timeline.

Yes, it took me a full 30 days for an admin correction, did it as a VARR, since the clerical error was an unfitting condition that was denied service connection by the VA.

Yes, it took me a full 30 days for an admin correction, did it as a VARR, since the clerical error was an unfitting condition that was denied service connection by the VA.

That sounds like a good story (not in the pleasant for you sense).

My appeal was to change my PTSD DoD rating from 30% to 50% to match what the VA gave me... I wouldn't think that would take this long... I just hope that once I sign the new 199 my orders are cut fairly quickly. Looks like some people are getting them within days and some are having to wait months. THIS PROCESS IS BROKEN!

GsFowler, have you received orders yet? If so, how long did it take after you signed your updated 199?

It's only been a few weeks since my appeal went up to change the rating, but my PEBLO said it could take another 60 days. Why does this process take so long for one simple admin change. I don't understand. Oh well...

My Medical Detachment XO received a phone call from PEB indicating that my packet is with PDA awaiting orders. I was supposed to get a new 199 from my Appeal. My PEBLO indicates it is with PEB, and my AKO shows my step is in the appeal process.

What the fuck. I was supposed to hear from PEB regarding my appeal and receive a new 199. I'm confused as hell now.

Back