Appealing NARSUM, VA CP Exam

risenangel80

Registered Member
I'm new to the forums everyone but I have something of a pressing question. I'm awaiting my NARSUM right now which is awaiting the commanders letter before they give it to me. Well I've have received some new diagnosis (spelling) since the original VA C&P exam. Is it possible to get this new conditions included into the VA's rating process before this is all over or am I screwed and have to wait until i get out to resolve it. The examiner was only a physicians assistant and didn't do a great job. Thanks!

I don't know if this helps, but before I finished my C&P exams I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea through the VA.

My VA MSC sent me a DBQ and told me to get my doctor to fill it out so it could be added to the claim. Unfortunately, my doctor wasn't comfortable filling it out since I didn't have sleeping problems in my military medical records which were sent to the VA.

I'll have to wait until the current C&P claim is done, then I'll try it again with a civilian provider.

Thanks for the response. It helps a little bit but in my case my C&P exams are complete. They used a sleep study that was over a year old. I've only this week been referred to take a new study and that was at the request of a specialized neurologist.