Approved and enrolled in Voc Rehab, now its being taken away

Tdgentleman

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I went through IDES and was approved and enrolled in voc rehab, have been in the program for a year, but my counselor now says that since I already possess a bachelor’s degree that training is no longer available to me, and that I can’t even use it to re-train in a different field. Are they allowed to do this? I would think that if I’m approved for it and enrolled in it, I should be entitled to some level of security as far as access to it? Anyone have any experience with this? Thank you.

GLS67T

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Let them know that the current training or degree that you have keeps you in a job that triggers PTSD or aggravates a service connected disability.

Tdgentleman

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Bump. Any other advice on this? Again, I was already approved for and enrolled in the program, but then denied training based on the fact that I already meet the minimum qualification for my chosen field. Is it too late to try another field? Am I stuck? Thank you.

usarmy68e

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
If that field doesn't aggravate your current disabilities I do not know for certain whether you can continue to switch if once approved for your current field was what happened to you already. I do not have 100% certain answers for you but you could use the remaining benefit to use the GI Bill of your own accord to pursue your other field if you see fit.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">