ARBA - 1367 days and counting.

With a initial submission date of January 2017, I successfully fought off their attempts to close my case once. But I’m afraid they just pushed me back to the lowest part of the queue. It’s been nearly 2 years since that battle was won, and the best updates I’ve gotten are cookie cutters. In April I was told “Our Case Management Division requested a medical advisory opinion from the Army Board for Correction of Military Records (ABCMR) medical staff. The issues presented require a review with our medical staff, which has a delayed adjudication. “

And in September asking for an update was “Your case is in the final stages of processing before consideration by the Board. I cannot provide a specific timeline for completion, but can assure you that the case is being processed as quickly as possible.

anyone have any insight into this? Anyone get fed these lines and have a case settled shortly there after?
The wait times should be criminal. My medical documentation was measured in pounds and ounces. 100% t&p VA. 0% army (wE dIDnT hAvE AnY DocUMeNtAtioN) was the line I was told by previous leadership after discharge.
My justification to ARBA was submitting the same records to the my command as well as the VA while still on active duty. I’m hopeful with the documentation having started during a deployment and the VA rating “70% (Combat)” should help my case, and I was told this might if I get any retirement percentage qualifying of csrc.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
BCMR cases are notoriously slow. Once the board makes a decision it is sent to the service for review, which can take many more months. If a favorable decision iis made it still take more months for the paperwork to flow through the service to DFAS and more time for DFAS to calculate and pay what is owed the member.

jobey

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Proposed VA rating while being ABCMR’d

I am now waiting for PEB to respond, I sent them DD3947 and NARSUM letter through PEBLO officer, the counselor informed me yesterday that PEB will send me a VA proposed rating but I told him that I already got my rating through the VA three years ago, can anyone shed light on this topic?

FloridaInjuredInCombat

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Proposed VA rating while being ABCMR’d

I am now waiting for PEB to respond, I sent them DD3947 and NARSUM letter through PEBLO officer, the counselor informed me yesterday that PEB will send me a VA proposed rating but I told him that I already got my rating through the VA three years ago, can anyone shed light on this topic?
Not a 100% on this... but my understanding is that the MEB/PEB (IDES) process works simultaneously with the VA Disability Rating process. So even if you have been previously rated by the VA, the PEB process by its very nature now includes VA Ratings. If you recall, at the start of the MEB process you went to the VA for C&P exams. After the MEB determines what things you are ratable for, it goes to the PEB, who sends the packet to the VA (which gives you new ratings) and then back to the PEB for their findings (including the VA ratings).

If your VA C&P exams were low-balled and/or very flawed (as mine and many others have been) there is a way to correct this. You can download DBQ's (from the VA, and a different one for each ratable issue, such as one for back exam, one for PTSD, etc...) and have YOUR OWN DOCTOR complete them. The DBQ (Disability Benefit Questionnaire) mirrors what's covered on the VA C&P exams, and the VA (by Law) has to USE WHICHEVER EXAM is MOST BENEFICIAL to the VETERAN.

In my case, the C&P examiner wrote "no pain, no limitations, and no restriction from working" regarding my back injury, when the truth is I'm in SEVERE pain, SEVERELY limited, and haven't been able to work at all for the last five plus years now. I was FURIOUS when I saw the C&P completely LYING to low-ball my injury. Thankfully someone with a LOT more knowledge about such things (here on this forum) pointed out the DBQ. I had my OWN doctor fill it out, and I KEPT IT as a hard copy (fearing that if the Doctor emailed back to the VA, they'd just trash can it and SAY they "considered it" for my Ratings). When my original VA Ratings came back (along with the PEB initial findings) with the help of my JAG Attorney (which help you can request as part of the PEB appeal process), I filed a VARR (VA Ratings Reconsideration) using my hard copy of the DBQ. IT WORKED LIKE MAGIC, within a week, the VA came back with MUCH higher ratings, and the NIGHTMARE of the fraudulent C&P exams was over.

Hope this helps...

jobey

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thanks for your inputs<
I didn’t go to the VA for C&P exams at start of my MEB process, I had VA rating, and I also asked that my VA file not be opened, I filled out the VA FORM 21-4138 and sent it to my PEBLO, and he included it in my package and submitted it to IPEB, i also have my original DBQ's which i was able to get when i received my initial VA rating,

this is what i wrote on the VA FORM 21-4138 "
I DO NOT WANT TO FILE A VA COMPENSATION CLAIM IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE DOD LDES PRPCESS.
PLEASE PROVIDE NESSESARY DOCUMENTATION TO DOD FOR PROCESSING THE LDES MEB ONLY."

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">