army 60% va 80%

To help you out better with calculation, need a little bit more information? Are you Active Duty or Reservist? Need Rank, time in service, marital status...

PEBLO's job, they have access to all the info to give you calculations and should explain it to you. Ask nicely and be thorough (annoying?) with questions, they'll probably be happy to help you. There should be a retirement section on post that can give further details on the army % break down.

To help you out better with calculation, need a little bit more information? Are you Active Duty or Reservist? Need Rank, time in service, marital status...

Hello t-man
ello MPKcco,
I actually have a VA rating of 80%, but haven't even started the MEB/PEB process. My concern is that if the rating I end up getting from the PEB exam is less then 80% the VA determines, will the VA lower my rating just because the PEB has concluded its lower then 80%
Please reply asap

Hello t-man
ello MPKcco,
I actually have a VA rating of 80%, but haven't even started the MEB/PEB process. My concern is that if the rating I end up getting from the PEB exam is less then 80% the VA determines, will the VA lower my rating just because the PEB has concluded its lower then 80%
Please reply asap
The VA would have to have substantial evidence to lower your previous rating percentage. As far as the MEB/PEB it depends on what they are rating the unfitting conditions. in my situation most of my issues are actually not on my unfitting conditions , but the VA has rated them. The meb and peb will be on your DOD side of percentages. Hope that helps.

T-mac,
That is some invaluable info. I'm still not very familiar with how the forum process work. Would you convey a conversation starting of mine out to several folks you think could speak on this matter?

I'm in the National Guard (MDAE), currently drilling, and have a VA rating of 80%. I am receiving the 80% compensation and just having a portion of my drill pay reduced because of my drill pay.

Here's the main question:
My service connected disabilities are making it very difficult for me to continue drilling so I spoke with my units discharge SSG and stated that I wish to begin the medical discharge process. In a nutshell, he said that it shouldn't be a problem in getting me a basic medical discharge with no benefits or compensation (basically walking away empty handed) He also said that I will have the option to either take the discharge or pursue the MEB/PEB route, but he warned me that it could result in the lowering of my already established VA rating of 80% if they determine my injuries are less severe then the VA did. Can anyone speak on this matter. What do I stand to lose by going into this process?

T-Mac,
It is not up to you whether or not you complete an MEB. If the military through a PHA finds out you have a condition that deems it unfit for military service then the discharge is going to happen unless you fight it with free legal help and then the status may change. Have you been on the page that explains how the board process works? http://www.militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com/mebprocess.html This may help.

Attachments

• Encl 4 Trifold IDES v LDES.pdf
    110.1 KB · Views: 7
Hello,

You are replying to a post that was presented 2.5 years ago. I have done the same...

Ron