ARMY Board of Corrections

Wldra66it

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Any idea on what’s taking so long at the Board of Corrections besides the generic excuses? I’ve far exceeded the timelines or estimations and so ready for adjudication already. 945/+ days thus far and no updates besides when a decision is made I will be notified I’m so tired of being in limbo.

The BCMR process is entirely too long. The VA took lots of heat for slow decisions and has made considerable progress. Perhaps Vet organizations ought to address the BCMR process. Especially since the BCMR only makes a recommendation to the Service Secretaries, who then take months more to decide and act on the BCMR recommendation.

The BCMR process is entirely too long. The VA took lots of heat for slow decisions and has made considerable progress. Perhaps Vet organizations ought to address the BCMR process. Especially since the BCMR only makes a recommendation to the Service Secretaries, who then take months more to decide and act on the BCMR recommendation.
I concur, I was told that it’s taking an average of 800-850 days. My case was submitted in 2014 then the case number was changed to a 2017 case number so they are going off of that date. Currently I’m sitting at 941 days, and recently filed an inquiry with my state senator. I know that I’m actually sitting anymore than 941 days. The board stated that my case is at a third party for a medical advisory opinion of which said entity is also backlogged ‍♂️. Furthermore they won’t even tell me whom this third party entity is. Sometimes I ask myself is this fight even worth it I’m tired and I shouldn’t have to fight for my benefits.

Back