Army Guard timeline - Atterbury

MTNroads

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Greetings,
Here is my Guard/ Fed Tech timeline for peripheral neuropathy in hands and feet that began on a deployment to Iraq in 2010. I documented it and had it service connected with an LOD, and was already receiving VA disability. Due to progression I was referred to MEB. This is the only condition I filed for and it is going through Camp Atterbury.

8 APR 19 Referred at state level to MEB after SRP
22 AUG 19 MEB start date
26 AUG 19 Phone conference with PEBLO
20 SEP 19 Final medical exam complete
05 NOV 19 MEB Complete
14 NOV 19 Found Unfit by PEB
15 NOV 19 Sent to VA for ratings
15 NOV 19 Case closed on eBenefits and another opened (went to prep for decision)

The process is slow and I rarely hear from my PEBLO unless I send an email. I notified my tech HRO of the pending MEB in mid-November and began that process. The military disability retirement will trigger an automatic disability retirement as a federal employee in the fed tech program.

fwak1234

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
CMS So Far.jpg

That's my process so far. I am in Utah and going through FT. Gordon. Peblo's are hit and miss. I am waiting for my discharge order. my 199 was signed 07Nov19. I am also a FED Tech as well, my HRO is harder to get in contact with than my PEBLO.

Hopefully the VA doesn't "find new evidence", I had a similar thing happen. One close closed 27Sep and another opened 25Sep then finally closed 22Oct. Called the VA and all they could tell was new evidence was found during the PEB. Hence why I had a 27 day VA rating section.

MTNroads

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Thanks for providing your info, that is a useful comparison. Were you happy with your ratings?

fwak1234

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Yeah, 90 VA (same as previous rating) and 80 DOD. The waiting and never knowing anything is the worst part.

mikem1977

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hi Fwak1234, how are you accessing that timeline in your post. I have looked through AKO2 and MEDPROS but cannot find an MEB timeline. Thanks

mikem1977

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Thanks much, as soon as i can get on an RCAS laptop i will check it out

MTNroads

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Updated timeline:

22 AUG 19 MEB start date
05 NOV 19 MEB Complete
15 NOV 19 Case closed on eBenefits and another opened (went to prep for decision)
27 NOV 19 VA Ratings complete on eBenefits (50% VA/ 50% DOD)
03 DEC 19 PEBLO sent full ratings but said the DD 199 would be delayed due to "quality control review"

iXiui

Registered Member
Updated timeline:

22 AUG 19 MEB start date
05 NOV 19 MEB Complete
27 NOV 19 VA Ratings complete on eBenefits (50% VA/ 50% DOD)
03 DEC 19 PEBLO sent full ratings but said the DD 199 would be delayed due to "quality control review"
Wow yours is just like mine but I haven't even received my ratings yet

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">