script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

Army Meb help? Airforce pcm

rwarre0227

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I have been on a temporary profile for over a year for my ankle and lower back. I"m having surgery on my foot next month and were supposed to be receiving a permanent. I check my medpros and none of my profiles are posted and my pulse haven't change. My pcm is outprocessing, she didn't keep copies. Also because she is air force she didn't updated my pulse. I tried getting my pulse updated by army but no one is helping because I don't have copies. I have ulcer colitis and ibs as well. I been hospitalizes and dealing with the issue for over a year. I"m HIV positive and been diagnose with ptsd at my last duty station. My new PCM recommended me for a meb but it was denied due to my pulse. She told me to talk to behavior health to see if they can change an pulse and recommend it. I spoke with behavior health today and the doctor said she can't diagnose me with 2 visits. Although I was referral offpost because she went on paternity leave. I was diagnose with ptsd at my last duty station and off post at my new duty station. She said she will have to talk to my PCM and her commander. My question, is there any thing I can do or any one I can talk with to get my pulse updated? Is there any way I can get the meb started. Is there anyone higher I can take it to? Last but not least,How can I still be on an temporary profile over an year and after surgery?

gsfowler

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
When you state pulse, do you mean PULHES?

Out of curiosity, is the Army aware of your HIV diagnosis? AR 40-501 Chapter 3-7 h. (top of page 23) a MEB must be accomplished.

There should not really be any discussion regarding the situation.

rwarre0227

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Yes I met pulhes, believe me I tried. The only way you can get meb for HIV in 2017 is you have to have full blown Aids. You can still serve on active duty but you can't deployed or go to deploying units. You also can only attend ncoes. I was diagnosed with HIV at my last duty station, was still able to reenlist , and pcs.

trun10tion

PEB Forum Regular Member
I have been on a temporary profile for over a year for my ankle and lower back. I"m having surgery on my foot next month and were supposed to be receiving a permanent. I check my medpros and none of my profiles are posted and my pulse haven't change. My pcm is outprocessing, she didn't keep copies. Also because she is air force she didn't updated my pulse. I tried getting my pulse updated by army but no one is helping because I don't have copies. I have ulcer colitis and ibs as well. I been hospitalizes and dealing with the issue for over a year. I"m HIV positive and been diagnose with ptsd at my last duty station. My new PCM recommended me for a meb but it was denied due to my pulse. She told me to talk to behavior health to see if they can change an pulse and recommend it. I spoke with behavior health today and the doctor said she can't diagnose me with 2 visits. Although I was referral offpost because she went on paternity leave. I was diagnose with ptsd at my last duty station and off post at my new duty station. She said she will have to talk to my PCM and her commander. My question, is there any thing I can do or any one I can talk with to get my pulse updated? Is there any way I can get the meb started. Is there anyone higher I can take it to? Last but not least,How can I still be on an temporary profile over an year and after surgery?

Go to your base hospital and speak with the hospital ombudsman about the situation with you pulhes at the same time contact medical command inspector general. I dont know how much time your working with but if its less than three months contact your congressman if longer contact congressman as last result.

gsfowler

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Temporary profiles no longer contain PULHES scores greater than 1

rwarre0227

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Before I get started with this post, I sincerely want to thank everyone for the feedback and support. So here my update: I had somehow found most of my profiles and went to talk to the Army Team to update my medpros and find out why my meb was denied for on going issues. The regulation AR 40-501 did change, PULHES temporary profiles no longer contains scores greater than 1. They did update my medpros to reflect only a few of my medical issues but not all. In which they all have exceeded over a year and I have been hospitalize more than once. My medpros now reflect: renal insuffiency, ankle/ foot injury, abdominal pain- all temporary. They also gave me a P2 for immunodeficiency. In AR 600-110, 6-15, its clearly states that "all HIV infected soldiers who clearly show signs of immunological deficiency or a progressive illness MUST be referred to medical evaluation board regardless of clinical stage of disease. This should result in a more expeditious status determination. That will benefit both soldier and government". Also in AR 40-501, Abdominal and gastro its states 3-5, I. ulcer, duodenal, or gastric with repeated hospitalization, or sick in quarters because of frequent recurrence of symptoms (pain, vomit, bleeding) in spite of good medical management. M. Ulcerative colitis except when responding well to treatment./ 3-13 lower extremities: tendinopathy, pes planus , plantar fascitis which both states prevent wearing of military footwear; in which it been a year I haven't wore a military boot on my left foot and is having surgery in may, ( I was told by medical until I come out the medical boot I will not get a permanent unless doctor write note to say I can't never wear army boot) Last but not least 3-33 - 3-35 for PTSD, (I was told mental health needed to write me a profile, I was diagnosed with PTSD at my last duty station and off post at my current duty station in which I was referral to by mental health on post) mental health on post told me they couldn't diagnose me because I haven't seen there doctors although its in my medical records and I have a letter from off post stating the same) so now its like Im starting over and the doctor is trying to downplay my PTSD for depression and anxiety. Also, I have severe migraines.
Break.
To sum it up, I gather my documents together and regulations but was told by my Airforce pcm who referral me that my meb was denied due to on going issues and other service members are still working with the same condition . I went to my branch army medical and they ask what did she put my meb in for and they didn't received any packet unless she took it straight to the peblo. They also said just wait until you get out to do a VA Claim. Do anyone know what I should do next. I'm 15 months out on my last year and I can't reenlist. I wasn't even thinking about a meb until my PCM brung it up. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

rwarre0227

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Before I get started with this post, I sincerely want to thank everyone for the feedback and support. So here my update: I had somehow found most of my profiles and went to talk to the Army Team to update my medpros and find out why my meb was denied for on going issues. The regulation AR 40-501 did change, PULHES temporary profiles no longer contains scores greater than 1. They did update my medpros to reflect only a few of my medical issues but not all. In which they all have exceeded over a year and I have been hospitalize more than once. My medpros now reflect: renal insuffiency, ankle/ foot injury, abdominal pain- all temporary. They also gave me a P2 for immunodeficiency. In AR 600-110, 6-15, its clearly states that "all HIV infected soldiers who clearly show signs of immunological deficiency or a progressive illness MUST be referred to medical evaluation board regardless of clinical stage of disease. This should result in a more expeditious status determination. That will benefit both soldier and government". Also in AR 40-501, Abdominal and gastro its states 3-5, I. ulcer, duodenal, or gastric with repeated hospitalization, or sick in quarters because of frequent recurrence of symptoms (pain, vomit, bleeding) in spite of good medical management. M. Ulcerative colitis except when responding well to treatment./ 3-13 lower extremities: tendinopathy, pes planus , plantar fascitis which both states prevent wearing of military footwear; in which it been a year I haven't wore a military boot on my left foot and is having surgery in may, ( I was told by medical until I come out the medical boot I will not get a permanent unless doctor write note to say I can't never wear army boot) Last but not least 3-33 - 3-35 for PTSD, (I was told mental health needed to write me a profile, I was diagnosed with PTSD at my last duty station and off post at my current duty station in which I was referral to by mental health on post) mental health on post told me they couldn't diagnose me because I haven't seen there doctors although its in my medical records and I have a letter from off post stating the same) so now its like Im starting over and the doctor is trying to downplay my PTSD for depression and anxiety. Also, I have severe migraines.
Break.
To sum it up, I gather my documents together and regulations but was told by my Airforce pcm who referral me that my meb was denied due to on going issues and other service members are still working with the same condition . I went to my branch army medical and they ask what did she put my meb in for and they didn't received any packet unless she took it straight to the peblo. They also said just wait until you get out to do a VA Claim. Do anyone know what I should do next. I'm 15 months out on my last year and I can't reenlist. I wasn't even thinking about a meb until my PCM brung it up. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Forgot to mention lower back pain which been going on over a year that Im still seeing physical therapy for.

jahlon

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Do not just go quietly out and then file for VA compensation afterwards. The entire point of the IDES system is so that you have your VA rating prior to separating from the service.

hangingon

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I'm going to piggy back off this one. It is eerily similar. However, I am going through an MEB, for chrons, pstd, military sexual trauma, arthritis, chronic migraines, flat feet and other joint pain. Should I file with the VA now, or wait until my MEB is over? I'm horrified the Army is going to give me the boot (no pun intended) and I'll have nothing. I have been Guard for 17 years, and I have about 11 years active. I have three LODS for joints, and the one for the assault.

jahlon

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I'm going to piggy back off this one. It is eerily similar. However, I am going through an MEB, for chrons, pstd, military sexual trauma, arthritis, chronic migraines, flat feet and other joint pain. Should I file with the VA now, or wait until my MEB is over? I'm horrified the Army is going to give me the boot (no pun intended) and I'll have nothing. I have been Guard for 17 years, and I have about 11 years active. I have three LODS for joints, and the one for the assault.

How are you going through a MEB without getting a MSC from the VA and VA C&P exams? Did they use the old system?