Army RCP vs MEB

Maddog123

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Army National Guard Title 32 AGR E6/SSG with 17.5 Active Federal Service years.

I am receiving an Article 15 with intention of reduction of rank. Already received 1st reading and waiting on 2nd reading.

While COC was deciding what type of punishment to do, I was given a P3 profile for BH PTSD and MMD due to MST from past deployment and was referred to DES/MEB. However due to uniqueness of National Guard, I am in the DES but not officially referred to the IDES and MEB yet, which should be accomplished in the next few weeks.

Once the 2nd reading is concluded and I am reduced from E6 to E5, I will hit RCP for the new rank and be removed from AGR and placed back into the traditional 1 weekend a month soldier no earlier than 90 days and no later that 180 days.

Over the past few months, I have extensively researched this forum, internet, Army and NGB regulations and DODi and I can’t find a thing that applies to my situation.

My question is will RCP trump or override the MEB? Or will the soldier protections offered by AR 635-40 and DODI 1241.01 allow me to finish the MEB or will I be put on some type of medical hold orders or extended until the MEB is finished?

This is one that you may want to discuss with TDS. The uniqueness of your medical issues may have ben a contributing factor towards your violation of UCMJ.