Army Reserve Active Duty Medical Extension Backdating

jdlancas519

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hi,
I've never been on this forum before but was hoping to find someone more knowledgeable than I. I am a reserve officer that hurt his shoulder during more than 30 days ADT orders (not IET). It took awhile to process the LOD due to the form sitting in an office for weeks untouched and a long wait list to see the doc. The LOD is straight forward and my unit is working with ARMEDCOM (I think that is what it is called) to cut ADME orders until March 21 when I'll be reevaluated for more physical therapy or to get surgery (and likely extended). My question is in reference to backdating ADME orders. My orders ended 24JAN18 and the Liason Office requested the orders be dated for 25 JAN18. Due to the slow processing speed I'm back home waiting. If they have an orders start date later than the 25th do I have any recourse? I have a copy of dod 1241.01 that I showed and I stated several times in emails I wanted to be extended and not to be released and wanted orders to start 25JAN17. Thanks for any advice, I find most things like this in the army rarely go smoothly and I can't find anything definitive such as a reg, alaralact, DoDi, or case proceedings.

They will more than likely not have the orders have a break in service, mainly because they were not supposed to release you from orders because you were injured (looks bad on their part).

I think you should be OK.

A quick update, The reserve liason office didn't process the orders and tried to play dumb. They just stopped working on them after i was sent home. I just put an IG complaint in....

So it looks like my LOD is being put in the system. The liason office says my Brigade Commander consulted with JAG and they don't think I need to be put on ADME orders. Is this true, are they not required to give ADME orders for an in-LOD condition?

I'm not getting movement from my unit. My commander won't return emails or answer the phone. Is there a contact for the Army reserve where i can just send in forms myself? So far, I have 2 memorandums from the doctor recommending a medical extension and 2 7574-1s listing as unfit for both military and Civilian duty/work. What other forms should i have filled out?

You should have been placed on MRE orders for medical evals...if your injury requires or requierd care beyond your order end date, you would be place on MRP2 12301(h) orders. This information is within DA Consolidated Guidance . Take all info you submitted thus far to your Senators office ( with regs in hand) and request assistance to return to duty on 12031(h) medical continuation orders for documented, unresolved, line of duty injury. Let the Senators military liaison know that, your unit has disregarded your requests despite the fact that the return to duty for RC soldiers injured in the line of duty spelled out within Army Consolidated Guidance..If you r NG, NGB has a program called RCMC. This program places soldiers with line if duty ( yes) injuries on 180 day AD orders so they can recieve medical care and associated benefits while on AD within thier home unit. The soldier will recieve m medical care either remotely or at an MTF until REFRAD or if unable to RTD, the soldier will cont on AD 12301(h) orders through IDES...hope this helps

Back