ART position question

dmwhiteman

Registered Member
I recently applied for a job posting on USAJOBS.gov and received a status of eligible on my NOR for grade 07. The job is for an ART enlisted position as a Supply Tech. Should I receive an interview for this position, will I be required to go to BMT? The job posting states "Applicant must be United States Citizens and be eligible and willing to join the USAF Reserve." I have been trying to find any information online about it but have come up with nothing other than joining the Reserves requires going to BMT.

I am wondering how one would be able to accept the job and have to go the BMT for 2 months.

Thank you for any info anyone can provide.

I don't believe so. I was personnel in the AF and when people went blue to green (AF to Army) or joined reserves after they separated, they didn't have to go to BMT again. However, there was some educational 2 week class when the veteran switches branches of the military. Hope this helps?

I recently applied for a job posting on USAJOBS.gov and received a status of eligible on my NOR for grade 07. The job is for an ART enlisted position as a Supply Tech. Should I receive an interview for this position, will I be required to go to BMT? The job posting states "Applicant must be United States Citizens and be eligible and willing to join the USAF Reserve." I have been trying to find any information online about it but have come up with nothing other than joining the Reserves requires going to BMT.

I am wondering how one would be able to accept the job and have to go the BMT for 2 months.

Thank you for any info anyone can provide.
Generally when an ART (Air Reserve Tech) is hired into an reserve unit, they like to have someone who is alrerady AFSC qualified, so they can get to work ASAP, fixing what the previous guy or gal, didnt do before they jumped ship, or retired., hope that helps, and if you are not prior service, you would have to enlist in that unit, in that AFSC, then complete BMT, and Tech school. But if your being MEB/PEB from AD, your chances are slim to none, unless you are fit, and returned to full duty. Good Luck.