Asthma MEB Timeline - Ft Gordon AIT / Ft Sam Houston PEB

Sodak

PEB Forum Regular Member
MEB Summary:

I had problems with childhood asthma, and had to get waivers to join the Army. I never had problems before Basic training and worked out regularly, i'm a 24 yr old healthy male.

Upon shipping to Basic I became ill with an upper respiratory infection, possibly bronchitis. It took half my time at Basic until I overcame the infection, and during that time my asthma re-emerged. From the beginning I struggled through basic with breathing, never failed any PT tests, I was determined to make it no matter what.

I completed Basic training and continued on to Ft. Gordon, living on albuterol inhalers like they were candy. Then one morning during PT I was stuck with the "A" group runners and pushed myself to the very end until I passed out from lack of oxygen. I was rushed to my barracks where I had forgot my inhaler and a series of PT tests were done and my MEB started was immediately.

Note: I am still an AIT student in holdover status, graduated my MOS training school, but stuck in TRADOC :mad:

Here is my timeline so far:

MEB

Date of Physician's Notification of MEB Action: 07/27/2011

Physical Exam Completed: 08/10/2011

Consultation Required: No

Consultation Date/Type: N/A

Date of MEB Physician Appointment: 07/27/2011

Date Physician dictated MEB narrative Summary: 09/30/2011

Date of initial PEBLO Counseling:07/28/2011

Date MEB with signatures of approving authority returned to PEBLO: 10/11/2011

Date Patient counseled on MEB: 10/18/2011

PEB:

PEB Location: SAN ANTONIO, TX

Date Case Received from the MTF: 10/25/2011

Date Board Completed: 10/31/2011

*Update*

Case Status: Pending Orders from Transition Point - 11/1/2011

The Army rated me at 30% for my Asthma because I am prescribed 500/50 Advair. I have some other medical conditions that I will be submit to the VA to see if I can be rated, and I was advised to.

So I signed some forms today (1NOV11) and handed in my DA 199 to the transition office. My PEBLO emailed some other forms, not sure what they are, to the PEB today. So I'm waiting for everything to be finalized.

Does anyone know how long it will take for my discharge orders to come through?

Hope this can help some other AIT soldier out there!