Asthma Question?

SSBN_Trident,

That is lousy. I am sorry they apparently did not look at your records and consider how your condition obviously impacts your ability to perform your duties.

Asking for reconsideration is the route to go. Hopefully, they grant a hearing and do a better job next time around. I am sure you aware that if they don't the danger is administrative separation. Keep us updated and we will try to offer whatever help we can.

I tried calling to see if you could help on the professional side.. I left a message.

I hope all goes well. I am struggling with getting back in after getting over asthma.

Got my results back yesterday. I was found UNFIT for duty for Severe Persistent Asthma, rated at 30%, and placed on TDRL.

I have got to say that Jason is by far the best asset to have in your corner when it comes to this. I commend his service and recommend it to ANYONE who is in need of help.

Jason from my family and I we thank you for everything that you have done for us!

My advice to others in this situation is stay strong (as best you can), and fight for what you are entitled to. This process is slow, and can drag on, but this IS light at the end of the tunnel. Much like your military career when it started it wasn't easy, but it will be worth it.

Thanks for the kind words but more importantly, congratulations! It is always great when I can help someone get the right result. It is the most satisfying part of my work and a big reason why I choose to focus my law practice on helping Servicemembers.

You raise a really good point, the only way to get a just result when they have denied you is to fight for it. In some cases, you can get a good result with early help. Other cases will take a longer fight. But if you don't persist, you will never succeed.

I wish you and your family the best in retirement and your transition...and remember to come back and let us know how you are doing.

Something that found interesting when speaking with a local MTF doctor was that he says he see's people all the time get admin separated, and when he heard what happened to me he said that "since I had a lawyer that it was like firing a shot across their bow waking them up".

Just thought that was interesting.