script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

Asthma related to mold exposure?

Ullose272

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
4 years ago i was deployed to Turkey where I, and many others got sick with Bronchitis and was given an inhaler and some cough medicine. Well i just got some of my medical records from that deployement, because i am most likely getting an MEB for Asthma along with some other things. And looking through the record there is a AF IMT 190 that states that we were is exposed to mold and airborn bacteria and mold in offices where we worked while and that our sickness was caused by that.
I failed my first PT test in March of 2018 and then while using the inhaler i got from the deployement 2 months later my run time was nearly 2 minutes faster. This was my first clue that i may have Asthma. I am air guard, i didnt want to push the asthma diagnosis and risk being seperated. Later that year i tore my rotator cuff on drill status, had the surgury. Then after some heart stuff was sent to a pulmo late 2019 for shortness of breath and was diagnosed with Asthma.
Do you think the Asthma could be related to the mold exposure?

oddpedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Absolutely you could get your own nexus but since you have a copy of your records I would just file a claim the VA will send you to an exam and ask the examiner if it's related to service or not. The fact that it's annotated in your records is a big plus make sure you give it to the examiner.