Asthma

Wolf6

Registered Member
What kinda of rating have people been given from the DoD for asthma? What was the basis?

Also, is the FEV value taken pre-bronch and post exercise for exercise induced asthma?

Thanks in advance!

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
What kinda of rating have people been given from the DoD for asthma? What was the basis?

Also, is the FEV value taken pre-bronch and post exercise for exercise induced asthma?

Thanks in advance!
I know little about this subject except I am rated @ 10% for asthma. (I have other service connected disabilities that resulted in SMC-S).

I did not have asthma when I entered the service in 1966 and it developed while I was was on active duty. To this day, I used a rescue inhaler (albuteral).

Service connected: There must be a history of attacks in the record for the VA to consider. VA rates asthma under 38 C.F.R. 4.97, diagnostic code 6602. Ratings range from 0 percent to 100 percent. 38 CFR § 4.97 - Schedule of ratings - respiratory system LINK <---

Ron

Wolf6

Registered Member
Thanks Ron. Ive read the CFR multiple times. I wonder what they consoder immunosuppressive medication. Technically the leukotriene inhibitors (singulair) is a immunosuppressive but i doubt they see it that way.

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thanks Ron. Ive read the CFR multiple times. I wonder what they consoder immunosuppressive medication. Technically the leukotriene inhibitors (singulair) is a immunosuppressive but i doubt they see it that way.
This site describes that type of mediation. LINK to website <----

John Hopkins discusses the medication for Lupus, but also provides a list: LINK to that site <---

Ron

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">