August package

FRAUSCHMID

PEB Forum Regular Member
Injured Dec 2008
MEB 26 Aug 2010
referred to IPEB 02 Sep 2010

I've got 21 years active/reserve service time. what determines TDRL vs. PDRL? also I will update this as I get more info

Your length of service is irrelevant for the determination of TDRL vs. PDR. Rather, the key consideration is the stability of each unfitting and service-connnected condition. Note that there are also certain conditions that require TDRL (e.g., any mental health condition that is a result of a "highly stressful event", which usually means PTSD but can also include anxiety, depression, etc., per VASRD sec. 4.129). If you are seeking PDR (which is highly advisable in most cases), you will want to build your MEB to show the conditions are not likely to appreciably change in the next 5 years.

You have nothing to lose by appealing (if they lower your rating or keep it the same, you still get severance pay; if they raise it, you get retirement).

Don't know if I should post this in another spot....
Just got results from PEB, because my clinic refused to provide LODs not all conditions were considered and rating remains at 20%. Board stated that absence of completed LODs were the only reason for not reevaluating the %. Yes, for those wondering, my PEBLO knew, my Group knew, and my clinic knew that I needed them and that it would adversely affect the outcome, but was ordered to report without them. ERRRRRRRR off to appeal to SECAF.

Also, found out, my records were incomplete for the MEB.

What a waste of my time and taxpayers dollars.

FRAUSCHMID,
Was your package sent to the IPEB on 2 Sept 10 or 24 Sept 10; your posts below have both...I am just trying to figure out how long it took you to get your results back.

Thanks!

Frauschmid, I am very disappointed with our system. We get injured while serving our nation and when need the support of the system we get lies or incomplete information. This is what has happened to me. But not anymore. That’s why I will hire Mr. Jason to work with my case once I receive word that I will be sent to a PEB.
Cases like this makes me think that we all should have someone with knowledge by our side at moments like this. I’m very sorry about your situation. Hopefully everything can get squared away. Like Mr. Jason said, you should appeal. 10% more and you will have more benefits. If you deserve it fight for it!!! Good luck my brother.

just received SECAF decision..20% severance. Also, base still has not completed LODs from 2009, so they were not considered. take care everyone!

discharge date : 12 Sep 11
Question: can I sell back my leave or do I have to take it? If anyone can provide the AFI guidance I will gladly do my research. thanks