Avoiding an MEB

Status
Not open for further replies.

327Grunt

Registered Member
Hey all, first post. Some very knowledgeable people here, so I figured Id ask a copule of important questions I cant get answers to.

Im a former active duty 11B, combat related PTSD, TBI, ect, 100 P and T with the VA.

Im in the Army Reserve but am leaving due to my issues. Hung on and did the best I could for as long as I could. Im INDEF, so I can leave whenever I want. (if it wasent for this Bullcrap) I was going to walk away quietly and be done. However, Ive now been ordered to a Commander Directed Mental Health Evaluation, because I answered some questions stupidly on my last PHA (over 6 months ago).

I know the pros and cons of a USAR Medical Retirement, and have decided I do NOT want a medboard. I just want to be done, away and finished with the military, period.

That being said, I HAVE to attend this commanders eval. I dont want to initiate a medboard, and be stuck dealing with this crap forever. I just want to leave.

How do I approach this? I certainly dont want to walk in there and say "oh everything is fine, ect", because then I fear I could trigger the VA! I have a laundry list of service connected issues that I wont get into, but how should I deal with this situation?

Can I just be frank with whoever is interviewing me? "Hey, I dont want an MEB. I intend to leave the Army. I have my medical needs being taken care of by the VA"?

If someone could please offer some insight on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

327Grunt

Registered Member
Edit: sorry, this is my 2nd post, not my first! Forgot I finally made my first post recently. I suffer from Cant Remember S***

*Goes back to pounding rocks together

usarmy68e

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hey boss, I mean I feel if I were you that would be my initial action. I would just tell the counselor that you've been directed to see that your intent is to get out and you wouldn't prefer to do the MEB process if that is your intention. I wouldn't attempt to deceive or lie in any shape or form just as you suggested. Best of luck and hope it works out for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">