basic questions

Schell92

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
so im new to this site and not very tech savvy so if this isnt where it belongs someone let me know,

ive asked my Peblo numerous times and she wont answer me or give me any help she just kind of dodges the questions;
My issue/ questions are here:

im currently in IDES process, and received my NARSUM, i signed it and sent it back, ive been waiting on my va ratings since 21 october 2016. (i know not very long compared to some of the people on here)
how long does this process normally take to get your ratings?
after i get my ratings whats next step? how long after you get your ratings is it till you get out?
My PEBLO never calls me, i always have to call and ask if she recieved anything about my case and she checks and then when i go talk to her in person she dodges the questions and never gives me a straight answer.

At this point, you are more than likely not even at the "waiting for VA ratings" yet.

You are waiting on the IPEB to find you "fit" or "unfit". If unfit, then it will proceed to the VA for ratings.

Then, back to the IPEB to finalize the process before you will receive any news.

hey, my NARSUM was just sent up 17 October so we are in the same boat. i am Navy so i don't know if this will fully match you, because it seems Navy takes the longest. but from what I heard, between 40-60 days after NARSUM is sent off, usually everything is done at VA (most people say by now if you are fit you would find out by this time) and it is sent back to PEB, 40-60 days later the PEB is done and they tell you your proposed ratings and you go in and Sign or appeal for a FPEB... If you agree with findings and sign it... it usually takes 2-3 weeks for your new orders to be cut which are for 30-90 days depending on how much eave you have saved up and if you are going to use it or sell it back... so if you and I stay on track with the plan.. we should be getting our Findings and everything back at the middle to end of February... then we sign and get our new orders at the beginning to middle of March which for me will probably be for around 6ish days because I will have 30 days of Leave on the books, and the 10-20 days of PTDY Leave we get. Hopefully I answered your questions and everyone that sees my answers thinks I am correct lol.

Check out my timeline in my signature. you're at the very beginning but hang in there. For both of you I would expect longer rather than shorter. I'm usMc and it's been a long ride. my stuff was at the peb for a month and a half then at the VA for a month and a half. Now I'm waiting for my findings but expecting anot her month to month and a half for those. Then 3 weeks to a month for my new EAS. this process takes a while.

Sorry I forgot to mention I already got my unfit memo, the week prior, they just told me that my paperwork was in Seattle on the 21st of October and could be anywhere from 2-4 weeks?

See that could be another difference. It seems USMC and Navy on the Easy Coast isn't so easy and fast. But it all depends. Possible is always the word, but I would plan for later on rather than sooner. There are different factors that make every case different. But it has to come to an end at some point so keep your head up!

If you got the unfit memo, it sounds like your stuff was sent to the VA so I would keep checking ebenefits. Make sure you are a premium member. I believe you have to sign in with your CAC if you haven't already and it automatically makes you one. Then go to status tracking. You are going to wait for a claim to go to historical claims. That means most likely your stuff has been sent back to the DoD and you are awaiting ratings.