I am on the same timeline, submitted late January 2016. I will probably wait until the 18 months is up and then ask the ABCMR for an explanation for delay. If I don't receive a satisfactory explanation, I'll take eps17 advice and get a congress critter involved.
Keeping my fingers crossed. I will let everyone here know the results.