Be careful on social media if on SSDI

tony292

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Thanks for posting...I was just going to share that article.

So it should go without saying, if you are disabled, don’t post pics of yourself running a 5k or digging ditches... big brother is always watching!

So, I guess those veterans on SSDI, usually already 100% P&T US VA, with unseen injuries like PTSD/Depression, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Exposure issues, and on and on should simply refrain from participating in things like US VA sponsored Golf Tournaments, fishing, exercise, yoga Tai Chi (even thought recommend therapy for depression PTSD/Depression and most MH Issues- as well as countless other physical conditions....) ????

Then those missing limbs, should also refrain from Mountain Climbing, playing basketball in wheel-chairs, martial arts, etc.....

Could simply be wrong, but seems were we are heading, even though real issue Social Security, among other things is its constant utilization as "slush fund" by Congress......please correct me if I am in fact wrong?????

PS: I guess do not let US VA or others take your picture at any sponsored activities nor have your picture taken any numerous Veterans Organizations Publications......no matter what your conditions and doing to cope......even most IAW prescribed or doctor recommendations.....guess that is big take away here???????? Sit at home a "drool" perhaps....... could simply be wrong, yet again and if so please let me know?

Last edited:
So, I guess those veterans on SSDI, usually already 100% P&T US VA, with unseen injuries like PTSD/Depression, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Exposure issues, and on and on should simply refrain from participating in things like US VA sponsored Golf Tournaments, fishing, exercise, yoga Tai Chi (even thought recommend therapy for depression PTSD/Depression and most MH Issues- as well as countless other physical conditions....) ????

Then those missing limbs, should also refrain from Mountain Climbing, playing basketball in wheel-chairs, martial arts, etc.....

Could simply be wrong, but seems were we are heading, even though real issue Social Security, among other things is its constant utilization as "slush fund" by Congress......please correct me if I am in fact wrong?????

PS: I guess do not let US VA or others take your picture at any sponsored activities nor have your picture taken any numerous Veterans Organizations Publications......no matter what your conditions and doing to cope......even most IAW prescribed or doctor recommendations.....guess that is big take away here???????? Sit at home a "drool" perhaps....... could simply be wrong, yet again and if so please let me know?

I am not an attorney, and am a supporter of whole host of things like US Special Olympics, Para-Olympics, Veterans Charities/Events etc...so guess participants events such as these, if televised or otherwise media "syndicated," might and/or "should" come under severe scrutiny as well......could simply be wrong and please correct me if so.....???????

Or if a disabled veteran manages to open a multi-million dollar/billion dollar business will their ratings and conditions, etc..come under scrutiny as well, especially if rated over 30% disabled....????

Guess time to cancel my "solo" expedition to Antarctica, bike across Asia or Row the Atlantic.....or if not cancel just make sure not "publicized" and or a "well-sponsored" event....????

Could simply be wrong about all of this and if so please correct me, if I am.......????

Is this perhaps a result of a "total surveillance society" as article left out whole litany of possible "cameras" like store and gym security cameras, public place cameras like beach and pier cameras, traffic cameras, ATM cameras......etc.....not to mention security cameras at US VA Facilities and some Fischer Houses.....????? For those interested may want see for example and information only following web-link: Google Scholar

Furthermore, is this perhaps not social security mission over-creep or perhaps even "job-creation" need hire whole bunch more, for lack of better term "internet-monitors/trolls"...... ???? Could be wrong and if so please correct me if I am wrong.....?????

Guess, veterans trying to stay active- at gym's etc... or fishing/shopping need to start learning "camera" blind-spots.......???? Is that going to be new skill-set veterans must learn to simply leave their homes and do any healthy activity.....other than "pony" up to the bar at perhaps certain Veterans Organizations facilities.....?????? All just simply food for thought..and could simply be wrong about it all and will welcome any and all correction(s)....??????

Last edited:
Sorry- forgot to add- if "pony-up" to the say "Tikki" bar at your local favorite VSO's watering hole of choice, for example only- or any other local "Public House" as they are called certain parts of the world (i.e bar in general)....might need worry about cameras there as well...as those on MH medications and pain medications, in particular, (regardless fact drinking on some of these can if fact almost immediately severely harm someone or worse) might simply be at risk whole lot of issues, especially if they happen to have some disagreements with perhaps the wrong individual or individual's there on any given day or night one might visit said "favorite local watering-hole" or local "bar-type establishment!"

Heck, one can even, say, extend this to simply shopping vicinity local groceries or gas-station/ convenience store "liqueur" aisle..... the "possibilities" of so many "adverse" things are in fact limitless....and then throw in CGI technology- certain movies were in fact made entirely with C+(?) or whatever version computer software... (see for example and information only, for those interested following web-links: jurassic park computer animation - Google Search & computer animation + movies - Google Search which might be of concern anyone living near an area with a huge "Tinseltown" type presence....or computer firms etc....perhaps and as always could be wrong on this too, but it is the 21st Century, after all...????)

Once again, could more than simply be wrong, and if so hopefully please correct me......??? And once again please see if interested and for information and example only:
following web-link: Google Scholar

(PS: Still issues this web-site!)

Last edited:
ALL- so I am kind of guessing(?) here that US veterans should not participate in anything like "a March to the North Pole" ala the UK's Prince Harry, etc....please see for example and informations only the following web-link: prince harry disabled vets north pole - Google Search

Wonder what scrutiny level abroad (Europe-South Korea- name an ally(?)) is for their "disabled" vets considering the US always "ponies" up the lion share......and does the heavy lifting in the worst sectors????

Wonder if anyone knows.... and could be wrong, perhaps they face the same challenges....??????

PS: Might Also want to see following web-links for information and example only:

- reason US Troops Korea - Google Search

- United States Forces Korea - Wikipedia

- Why Are U.S. Troops Still In Korea?

Kind of like, if one questions and knows history, why places like Poland.... are "encouraging" "forward" US bases there as well....could be wrong...and if so please correct me, and the implications if "certain possible events" were to end up in main-stream media, regarding US Troops at say the hands of say an "invading" force...possibly?????? But I digress.....

Wonder if in Europe, for example, what the effects are of a mass of a "mass surveillance" society, if in fact have one akin to the USA "Land of the Free-Home of the Brave"? Hopefully, someone brighter than me with can answer that question as well..given the "global-economy" and so many US bushiness folks, some vets, traveling back and forth across the "pond" so to speak????

Last edited:
tony292- as big into "vet affairs" wonder if seen latest DAV Magazine article at: DAV Magazine July/August 2019{%22issue_id%22:595939,%22page%22:0} and DAV Magazine July/August 2019{%22issue_id%22:595939,%22page%22:18} "Different Conflicts Same Mountain" by M. Todd Hunter ??

Reason I am asking, as tragic as it is those vet's lose limps, eyesight, etc.... why is they can participate in the "high-risk" activities depicted in this article, like ice hockey, rock/wall climbing, martial arts, downhill skiing....apparently with "applause" and those say "hidden wounds"- gunshots, exposure issues, PTSD/Depression- must sit at home as a local Vietnam vet himself MH practitioner once stated- "sit at home and drool like a house plant" or simply- perhaps(?) come under undue scrutiny.....????

Those, interested might want to see https://www.al.com/breaking/2014/02/dnp_whos_watching_you_alabama.html- "Alabama law bars unauthorized surveillance in private places, public spaces fair game" Updated Feb 24, 2014; Posted Feb 24, 2014 for example......

Do people and the media perhaps simply take it upon themselves to simply "play doctor" or perhaps have undue access a vets "medical file"- this could be highly likely, perhaps, given all US VA breaches in security in the media...etc.......?????? Do not know answer but it is an intriguing question maybe....?????

Kind of like why their are-were(?) US NHL "farm teams" in places like Pensacola Florida and Biloxi/Gulfport MS..yet no apparent efforts to bring this particular sport, among many others offered elsewhere United States, to the masses living along the Gulf Coast. particularly given the advent of artificial ice and other things (see perhaps....http://globalsyntheticice.com/?_vsrefdom=adwords&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIh7z-2cm74wIVh4CfCh0oKAcQEAAYASAAEgKnRfD_BwE for example as well countless other articles...)

Anyway, tony292 think some valid questions..perhaps????? Others can decide for themselves.....

PS: Well I guess it is all simply like the old and archaic Southern Expression "Well slather my behind, and call me a biscuit!" which I think the true meaning of (?) has long since been forgotten....

Last edited:
Tony292- thought bring up article found at- Disability system for veterans strays far from its official purpose and posted in another Thread for example:

As begs a very good question in light of VFW Magazine on a "Vietnam Vet Self Made Billionaire" see for examples VFW Magazine January 2019{%22issue_id%22:546231,%22page%22:0} and VFW Magazine

If said "billionaire" for example, only were compensated for gunshot wounds & residual internal damage/scars-say, and perhaps guilty of using their GI-Bill benefits for a higher education, should they be punished because went on to better themselves and loose their VA compensate for gunshot wounds & residual internal damage/scars?????

Think is very complex question that should be most likely addressed highest US levels were laws and regulations made regarding all of this......could be simply wrong??? Others can decide themselves....????

Thanks Tony292...much appreciated......

Tony292- thought bring up article found at- Disability system for veterans strays far from its official purpose and posted in another Thread for example:

As begs a very good question in light of VFW Magazine on a "Vietnam Vet Self Made Billionaire" see for examples VFW Magazine January 2019{%22issue_id%22:546231,%22page%22:0} and VFW Magazine

If said "billionaire" for example, only were compensated for gunshot wounds & residual internal damage/scars-say, and perhaps guilty of using their GI-Bill benefits for a higher education, should they be punished because went on to better themselves and loose their VA compensate for gunshot wounds & residual internal damage/scars?????

Think is very complex question that should be most likely addressed highest US levels were laws and regulations made regarding all of this......could be simply wrong??? Others can decide themselves....????

Thanks Tony292...much appreciated......
The topic was on SSDI and disability. SSDI standards are higher than VA standards. The VA allows scheduler veterans to work. the SSA limits the income for SSDI recipients.