Benefits Delivery at Discharge

brianwl

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Watson,

The BDD has been around for quite a while, but is generally used for regular retirees vs those put out for medical reasons. Reason being is that regular retirees have much more lead time, 6 months in many cases, whereas a Chapter 61 retiree will have 2 months if they're lucky.

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
More info on BDD

I didn't know this program was around for awhile. Anyway, it is being publicized on most of the larger Army posts for all Soldiers separating. Here is an info paper from the VA.

Attachments

builtgypsy

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
More info on BDD

I've gotten two stories about going the BDD route so far.

Called the VA RO and they said the Naval hospital has a disabled transition assistance officer that should be able to help.

Called the VA RO again about a week later to discuss something else and the topic came up again. This time they said wait until I find out when I have my MEB, then get into a DTAP class and get it done then. I don't think that will give some people enough time.

I'm going to talk with my CCC and see if I can get into DTAP around the time my next LIMDU period starts. Before that, today I'll be calling the hospital to see if they really do have a disability transition assistance officer and see what they have to say.

-Guy

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">