best place for help?

colleenk13

Registered Member
Hi - I'm not sure where to go or how to get help with my CRSC issues. I was medically retired in April 2017 out of Bragg WTB. 90% DOD 100% VA. I was not "blown up" or have that type of medical disability. I was in a MVA and had issues from that (mild TBI) and I have chronic illnesses from my deployment in Africa, due to various exposures and the burn pits there. I was denied CRSC, though I was told to apply and was eligible when I was at WTB. I am on the burn pit registry. I was in WTB for 3.5 years and went through the MEB twice. My actual diagnoses and what I am rated for don't really match up and the VA (despite numerous attempts on my part) has not corrected what needs to be fixed. I live in a rural area of WV, and the county VSO isn't really good with CRSC (his words) - and when I spoke with WWP, they wanted to refer me to an outside VSO who does CRSC appeals, but wanted me to fax/upload documents (there are A LOT) and with my brain issues, I get overwhelmed, depressed and don't get anything done. I live alone and don't have family nearby. I'm contemplating a move to be near my son & his family in FL - but that won't be for another year.

Is there a resource for CRSC and burn pit exposure? I have 30% sinusitis. I also have 30% IBS. 40% Fibromyalgia. I basically have Gulf War Illness, but from an OEF deployment to the Horn of Africa. I guess I'm not sure how to document and word my CRSC claim so that I properly explain my exposures.

Thanks for any suggestions. Things that used to be easy for me, and now really difficult to do - especially administrative issues, and I get frustrated easily.

Hello @colleenk13

Miscellaneous info follows:

1. A collection of CRSC information, including links to military CRSC sites, regulations, and examples of types of CRSC cases:
A Supplement to CRSC Information <---LINK

2. These people help "some" with their CRSC applications: NVLSP <---LINK
Recommend using Jason Perry of this site if you have another type of military appeal.

3. Military installations have a Retirement Services department.

4. Others in your community might have had the experience of submitting CRSC applications.

5. Obviously, a competent VSO would be of great help. Perhaps a neighbor could help with the Fax'ing etc.

Good luck,
Ron

Thanks - It is so hard to keep all of my documents organized. If I could get my VA ratings to reflect the correct codes, it would be half the battle. I will read through the links above and try to get something rolling.