Bipolar II and Other Specified Trauma and Stressor Related Disorder

kcb12

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Can somebody confirm if I'm interpreting this right? 50%? They lumped two diagnoses together so it's thrown me a bit.

One or more mental disorders diagnosed
It is possible to differentiate what symptoms are attributable to each diagnosis

Symptoms include intrusive thoughts, and nightmares and distorted cognitions. Bipolar disorder symptoms include since and hypomanic periods of reckless behavior. There is no apparent clinical association between the two disorders.

Occupational and social impairment with reduced reliability and productivity
Both disorders are impairing

Depressed mood
Anxiety
Suspiciousness
Chronic sleep impairment
Mild memory loss
Impaired judgement
Disturbances of mood/motivation
Difficulty establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships
Difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances
Suicidal ideation

Can somebody confirm if I'm interpreting this right? 50%? They lumped two diagnoses together so it's thrown me a bit.

One or more mental disorders diagnosed
It is possible to differentiate what symptoms are attributable to each diagnosis

Symptoms include intrusive thoughts, and nightmares and distorted cognitions. Bipolar disorder symptoms include since and hypomanic periods of reckless behavior. There is no apparent clinical association between the two disorders.

Occupational and social impairment with reduced reliability and productivity
Both disorders are impairing

Depressed mood
Anxiety
Suspiciousness
Chronic sleep impairment
Mild memory loss
Impaired judgement
Disturbances of mood/motivation
Difficulty establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships
Difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances
Suicidal ideation

I am being boarded for the same diagnoses. I believe they rate it together because all mental health issues are rated under the same scale, it all has to do with the severity.

You can see the chart/more info here. They have a lot of great info about anything you can claim. Hope this helps. How long did it take you to get your ratings? My MEB was sent to the VA on 13 June and I am still pending VA ratings.

http://www.militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com/mentaldisorders.html#j

Yea sounds like 50%.

I am being boarded for the same diagnoses. I believe they rate it together because all mental health issues are rated under the same scale, it all has to do with the severity.

You can see the chart/more info here. They have a lot of great info about anything you can claim. Hope this helps. How long did it take you to get your ratings? My MEB was sent to the VA on 13 June and I am still pending VA ratings.

http://www.militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com/mentaldisorders.html#j

I actually commented on your thread yesterday. I haven't gotten my ratings yet, just waiting on the local board right now so I've still got a ways to go. :(