tvr61

Registered Member
Hello everyone,
I’m looking for a little bit of guidance or maybe insight on my current situation.
I went to mental health on base about 3 weeks ago and was referred to the clinic where I had my first appt today. Sir said it seems I show symptoms supporting a Bipolar II disorder along with anxiety and in 2 weeks at my next appointment I will be going through the whole “interview” to see if I meet the criteria and if I do I’ll be Med Boarded. This is my first time going to MH and I get out this July with terminal/August without. I was seen for a TBI in 2020 for increased irritability/anxiety/insomnia but that was stopped after 3 months when I got PCS orders.
My question is more along the lines of what should I expect in terms of the Med board if I do meet the criteria and whether it would put me in a Med hold status. I would assume that because I’ve been able to go almost 4 years without my work being affected maybe I won’t be deemed unfit for duty? But I also know out of work I’ve struggled with my mental health especially since the last concussion+PCSing
Any help will be appreciated, TIA

I was bi polar II along with ptsd. If you want to stay in, make sure the commander statement reflects the no change in work performance. If it hasn't changed your deployment status ( meds), that will work in your favor. If you want a medboard, then anything mental health is essentially the new tinnitus.... I wish you nothing but the best. If you want to stay in fight for it...

I was bi polar II along with ptsd. If you want to stay in, make sure the commander statement reflects the no change in work performance. If it hasn't changed your deployment status ( meds), that will work in your favor. If you want a medboard, then anything mental health is essentially the new tinnitus.... I wish you nothing but the best. If you want to stay in fight for it...
My original plan before this was trying to get an extension to latmove since my MOS has been merged as part of the new force plan. I’m not so sure anymore but I’ll Deff talk to my career planner at some point this week or maybe after the next MH appointment. Thank you!

My original plan before this was trying to get an extension to latmove since my MOS has been merged as part of the new force plan. I’m not so sure anymore but I’ll Deff talk to my career planner at some point this week or maybe after the next MH appointment. Thank you!
Yeah, at the end of the day, do what is best for you and your family. The military will go on...