Bipolar MEB timeline

bsturm6

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am a SrA with about 3.5 years in, I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder II and severe stress reaction in November of 2017. Here is my current timeline of my MEB.

19Dec- Referred to DAWG
27Mar- Code 37, referred for full MEB
13Apr- Commander intent letter signed and sent to PEBLO
8May- VA appointments scheduled
29May- VA appointments complete
5Jun- VA notes received by PEBLO
11Jun- AF618 signed and send to IPEB
25Jul- Still haven't heard anything in regards to board decision/ratings. eBenefits still says that my rating decisions are pending.

In case anyone is wondering, I'm at Peterson AFB.

Is this a normal wait time? What should I do? I'm so ready for this all to be done with so I can get on with my life/start back at school!

VA is backed up and is taking longer then normal to get ratings back. Have you called the VA to check your claims status?

VA is backed up and is taking longer then normal to get ratings back. Have you called the VA to check your claims status?
I have not, I just saw that I could do that today when browsing on here. Do you happen to know a good number off the top of your head?

‭(401) 223-3700‬ It’s hit or miss whether you get someone that’s helpful or not. Good luck!

Update: Talked to my PEBLO, all he said was that we are just waiting for VA ratings.

BPII here as well. We're also at the same stage. I had to bug the IDES office to send my CP exam results over to my PEBLO so hopefully by the end of the week everything goes to the board. Good luck!

BPII here as well. We're also at the same stage. I had to bug the IDES office to send my CP exam results over to my PEBLO so hopefully by the end of the week everything goes to the board. Good luck!

My C&P results and everything were sent down on 11 June. Just waiting for my VA ratings apparently (per my PEBLO today). I never got a mypers notification, but I'm assuming if it went to the VA I'm unfit? I mean that's what I'm expecting anyways but the Air Force always likes to mess with you lol

Yes, if your package was sent to the VA for ratings, then you are already found unfit by the IPEB...

Yes, if your package was sent to the VA for ratings, then you are already found unfit by the IPEB...

Lol I figured that out, I just never got any official notification of that so I didn’t want to assume. I’m hoping to get ahold of the VA this week to find out where my claim is and hopefully be out soon after!

Talked to the VA in Rhode Island today, all he could tell me is that my case is "pending decision approval" as of today and will be completed in about 30-45 days. Is this a normal wait time? My package was sent to IPEB on 11 June. I emailed my MSC to see if he could tell me when my package was sent and/or received by the VA.

I’d def ask— that’s different than any info I’ve gotten.

The VA said they are supposed to ideally get proposed ratings for MEBs done in 25 days max. When I called they said they’re behind right now but still once your paperwork nears the 25 day mark, it should be on the VAs radar that this needs to get done ASAP.

I’d def ask— that’s different than any info I’ve gotten.

The VA said they are supposed to ideally get proposed ratings for MEBs done in 25 days max. When I called they said they’re behind right now but still once your paperwork nears the 25 day mark, it should be on the VAs radar that this needs to get done ASAP.

MSC said today that the VA received my package from IPEB on 13 June and that it was updated today so he's hoping it will get sent back for DoD ratings soon... I'm assuming they go by business days or is it calendar days? I'm guessing maybe the guy I talked to from the VA maybe just didn't realize that it was for an MEB vs. normal separation? Idk.

Maybe ask what was updated. Maybe your MSC is saying that your package was sent from the VA to the IPEB for your DoD rating? Hopefully you can get some info soon! I’ve been waiting since 19 June when mine was sent to the VA for ratings...

Maybe ask what was updated. Maybe your MSC is saying that your package was sent from the VA to the IPEB for your DoD rating? Hopefully you can get some info soon! I’ve been waiting since 19 June when mine was sent to the VA for ratings...

I talked to the VA as well, they said that it was updated to "pending decision approval" today. I hope you hear something soon as well!

My claims are now historical in ebenefits and says "decision letter sent" for status! Hoping it won't take to long at the PEB side and I'll hear from my PEBLO soon!

The VA said that my ratings were sent to my PEBLO and I will be hearing from him soon to agree/disagree with them, does this mean that I will also have my proposed DoD ratings or will I be waiting until my PEBLO gets those too?

yeah, when my status changed to "Decision letter sent" I got the phone call that day from my PEBLO. It all depends on your PEBLO. If you don't hear from your PEBLO in a day, I'd call him/her.