Aug 29- MEB brief
Sep 3- Contacted by MSC
Sep 4- Met MSC/made VA claim
Sep 5- Mental C&P evaluation at VA
Sep 18- Physical C&P evaluation at IDES
Sep 18 - Additional imaging done at VA
Sep 18 - Vocational Rehab brief

Update: Met with PEBLO. Nothing major.

Went over to MEB Legal counsel. Lawyer said I am looking at around 0-10% and unfit from DOD and 80-100% from VA. My P3 injury was from a vasectomy resulting in an orchiectomy with chronic pain. She has had 3 other cases similar to mine come across her desk in the last 2 months. All three came back 0-10% and unfit. I was kind of expecting the low DOD and high VA.

With that being said I am looking at severance pay. I think I understand the recoupment part.
-Severance pay is around $156,000 (4609x2x17)
-DOD rates me 10% and
-VA rates me 80% for everything
-VA withholds the 10% to recoup severance
-I keep the other 70%
-No Tricare but its not like I'm going to not work and get healthcare from somewhere else

Some one reality check me. Thanks.

Found out the above calculation is correct regarding paying back severance. PEBLO, MSC, and attorney confirmed. Looks like it is going to be severance for me. My packet went to VA today so should be seeing them next week and getting C&P appointments.

Update:

3SEP - P3 profile was submitted by PCM
16SEP - SRB shows MRC3 and RP code
19SEP - MEB office calls: P3 approved, assigned PEBLO
24SEP - First meeting with PEBLO
26SEP - MEB briefing
27SEP - MSC Made contact
30SEP - Meet with MSC and VA claim filled out
3&4OCT - Physical C&P at IDES (I claimed 25 things so they broke it up over 2 days)
15OCT - Mental C&P at IDES

Update:

3SEP - P3 profile was submitted by PCM
16SEP - SRB shows MRC3 and RP code
19SEP - MEB office calls: P3 approved, assigned PEBLO
24SEP - First meeting with PEBLO
26SEP - MEB briefing
27SEP - MSC Made contact
30SEP - Meet with MSC and VA claim filled out
3OCT - VOC Rehab brief
3&4OCT - Physical C&P at IDES (I claimed 25 things so they broke it up over 2 days)
14OCT - QTC for Ulnar Neuropathy and Carpal Tunnel
15OCT - Mental C&P at IDES

Got an update on my Bliss timeline...

Aug 6- Recommended for MEB by Orthopedics
Aug 16- P3 is written by PCM
Aug 26- PEBLO assigned
Aug 26- Counseled by Company Commander
Aug 28- P3 received approving authority signature
Aug 29- MEB brief
Sep 3- Contacted by MSC
Oct 9- Phone call appt with MEB Physician letting me know he'd have my NARSUM written up within 24 hours
Oct 11- Appt with PEBLO and MEB Attorney to review NARSUM
Oct 15- MEB election with PEBLO (signing NARSUM, which will then be submitted to PEB)

PEBLO said it should take about 3-4 days for PEB findings to come back (fit vs. unfit), but may take up to 2 weeks.
MEB attorney said everything looked good on my NARSUM and that it should be a strong case to be found unfit by PEB.

Another update:

Aug 6- Recommended for MEB by Orthopedics
Aug 16- P3 is written by PCM
Aug 26- PEBLO assigned
Aug 26- Counseled by Company Commander
Aug 28- P3 received approving authority signature
Aug 29- MEB brief
Sep 3- Contacted by MSC
Oct 9- Phone call appt with MEB Physician letting me know he'd have my NARSUM written up within 24 hours
Oct 11- Appt with PEBLO and MEB Attorney to review NARSUM
Oct 15- MEB election with PEBLO (signing NARSUM, which will then be submitted to PEB)
Oct 21- Received Prelim Unfit for Duty Memo

Seems that now all I'm waiting on is VA Ratings which will take 6 weeks max. Should be out the Army and back home by Christmas :)

Nice. Looks like I'm about a month behind you. How many things did you claim?

Grrr. I’m literally 2 weeks behind you @corinnicus and I signed my NARSUM on Oct. 21st. It’s now the 30th and I’m still waiting for my Unfit rating to come back as the PEBLO said the memo hasn’t been signed yet you got your unfit status in 6 days. I’m getting a little antsy as I’m trying to start out processing ASAP.

Grrr. I’m literally 2 weeks behind you @corinnicus and I signed my NARSUM on Oct. 21st. It’s now the 30th and I’m still waiting for my Unfit rating to come back as the PEBLO said the memo hasn’t been signed yet you got your unfit status in 6 days. I’m getting a little antsy as I’m trying to start out processing ASAP.

My prelim unfit memo was actually signed and dated on the 18th but my peblo didn't send it to me until the 21st so really it was done within 3 days of signing my NARSUM. Can't believe how fast this whole process has been moving. I have an appt on the 4th with someone at the transition center so I can get my outprocessing packet. Good luck and I'm sure you will receive word soon!

Well good news, I decided to ask my PEBLO about the status of the unfit memo and wouldn’t you know, it was signed and dated on Halloween, but she sent it to me today because I asked. Anyway, just waiting to get my date for my transition appointment and VA ratings. The idea that we may be gone from Bliss before Christmas is exciting.

I am at 32 days and counting for my NARSUM to come back........

I did. PEBLO says waiting on VA to send over documents. Contacted my VA MSC and they are waiting on the VA Doc that did my physical exams to finish her part.

I did. PEBLO says waiting on VA to send over documents. Contacted my VA MSC and they are waiting on the VA Doc that did my physical exams to finish her part.

That’s insane. I’m sorry you have to wait so long. That should have been done ages ago.

My MSC said to let the doctor "do their thing" and not bother them as they are, obviously, a big player in you getting the right benefits. As in not to rush them. BUT part of me just wants to call her and ask about it.

My MSC said to let the doctor "do their thing" and not bother them as they are, obviously, a big player in you getting the right benefits. As in not to rush them. BUT part of me just wants to call her and ask about it.

That’s a sticky situation. I understand to let the doctor write the NARSUM, but they only get 45 days. I hope this person isn’t trying to stretch you out for something that should have taken at most a week to write.

Last edited:
I’d hope that’s not the case. I know how the Army works with paperwork let alone the VA. My MSC said something about 35 day timeline which is this Friday. We shall see.