Botox in the Air Force

KatJack43

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have heard from several people that the Air Force had been cracking down on individuals that are using Botox for migraines. I know 2 people who are being newly MEBd for having to use botox for migraines. Anyone have any insight on this?

badgermole

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I wasn't fortunate enough to be one of those people. I tried several meds with no success then two sessions of Botox and they never mentioned anything about MEB to me. This was all just last year. I started the Botox in July and had my last session in October because it wasn't helping me. I have an Airman I work with that just started it like a month ago and they haven't mentioned anything an MEB for them.

kynchanted

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I am undergoing MEB for botox for migraine headaches now. I've been getting injections since 2006. PCM said I should've been boarded 12 years ago but slipped through the cracks. The only reason it was brought to my PCM's attention was because I asked if I was deployable on botox and was told no. I was then profiled and the DAWG forwarded me on for an MEB (because I need botox to remain stable to do my job). Still in the early stages of the MEB so I don't have any other info right now.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
@kynchanted

I assume during the 12 years you "should have been boarded" you have been promoted, received an awards... That would make an unfit finding very interesting.

kynchanted

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Yes, I promoted, even commissioned through a commissioning program while on botox. I disclosed every year on my PHA that I had chronic migraines, treated with botox, and I was even getting the botox tx's during my time in the commissioning program.

tjay

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
This is true, they are cracking down due to the non deployment of people who use botox to manage migraines. I am currently not deployable and they started me on Topamax and Aimovig. Suppose to stop migraines but I just recently had to still go in for the magic cocktail and put on quarters. I am still new into the med board process and was never offered Botox for managing them but the DAWG decided back in july/august to send me up for a med/peb evaluation.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
You may want to volunteer for a waiver to deploy. Some spots have full up hospitals and medical staff.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">