• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Definitely Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LRS BlueBird

Registered Member
Hello all,

Hope you're all having a wonderfully crappy day. I am currently enjoying all my time working with the VA and DoD, as one would expect of course. Just wanted to give a quick thanks to all of those who have fought for us to have these luxuries, no matter how good or bad they may seem.

Right now the VA has me at 50% PTSD (OIF/OEF), and some other percentages for non essential crap.

I've been working for about 4 years to get the ptsd undercontrol with some luck. Docs are looking at bipolar type 2 and have said they have been watching it for 3 years but due to it only really hitting hard lately and my commitment to staying in the guard as a sniper section leader with my old unit and guys, they haven't pushed it till recently. DoD doc recently pushed a possible meb due to anxiety/lockups/attacks while on the range with my section or training new guys. After some meetings and calls with her I'm in limbo waiting for a judgement.

About 6 months ago they wanted me to get on Latuda, from what I understand a nondeployable drug. I refused and negotiated a higher doses of CITALOPRAM in the hopes of my symptoms getting back inline. But as of recently, I know I need to give the Latuda a shot... I go in on Monday to talk about giving it a shot but I am worried about the effects on my career. I have 10 in and don't plan on getting out unless I'm too beat up to keep going.

I obviously want to make the best decision for myself but I am often more concerned about the effects on my one day family I hope to have. I want to make sure I make the right decision for them.

Doc also says I have sleep apnea but need to have the lab done just to verify.

I'm sore and tired all the time, it makes me feel like a turd but it's hard to get over. I resort to being as least active as I can afford otherwise I feel like I've been hit by a bus. I'm tired all the time, go to bed at 10 and wake up at 10 or 11am and still need to take naps if I can afford otherwise load up on coffee. I put sleep first and food second, at work on my lunch break I'll run out into the truck shove some food down my throat and rack out for 25 mins.

Also;
I've recently shacked up with a nurse (of course) and she's stated how my spunk always burns her and it hurts pretty bad. To the point she's running to the bathroom. I've noticed this with the other girls I've dated but never made a thought about it, normally I'd associate it to lack of lube or its been a while, used plenty of lube still the same problem. I'm not hogzilla or anything so I know it's not that. Since making note of it, I've made sure to use plenty of lube and now notice it's only when I don't use a condom. I remebered when it got on another girls skin and it burnt her like a hive or mosquito bite where ever it touched.

I've talked with the docs and ran the blood work and std test and everything came back g2g. I mentioned I've lived on a base with burn pits and burnt shitter pots and my docs eyes lit up. Has anyone ever heard of burning seamen syndrom?

Hope you all got a good laugh and are glad you aren't me, any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks you old farts

When I gave the example of napping in the truck on lunch at work. That was back in '15, still ongoing while not working.