C&P Appointment

KLove407

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I have a C&P appointment coming up in the next week for a new claim I filed for fibromyalgia (I was recently diagnosed), sleep apnea (I filed for as a secondary condition to my mental health SCD; also recent diagnosis), and an increase on my endometriosis (currently rated at 0%). I guess I am looking for anyone who may have first or second hand experience with this, and can give any advice. I'm not sure what to expect at this appointment (2 hours long). Are there any documents that I should bring along? It was suggested to me by a VSO to print off some of the current studies that show there is a direct link between mental health conditions and sleep apnea. Any, and all input is appreciated. Thank you.

KLove407

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Also, I forgot to mention, that I am filing my fibromyalgia under the presumptive illness for Gulf War, although, I was deployed in the second Gulf War (2009).

oddpedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
How long have you been out? it's common for the examiners to state its from something else unrelated to service that gets a lot of presumptive Fibro claims denied. Sleep Apnea secondary to MH will be denied if you don't have a nexus connecting the two. They also attack Fibro claims if you have a lot of mental and health issues stating that's why you are in pain or tired not Fibro.

TundraX_SA

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I was medically retired due to Fibromyalgia and the C&P exam was very similiar to the exam given to me by the Rheumatologist. For the VA to accept the diagnosis, for Fibro, it has to come from a Rheumatologist. One of the Soldiers at the c&P exams, the same time as me, had his Fibromyalgia diagnosis from his PCM and they denied it.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">