C&P Exam Results Requested

chiefd67

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I submitted a request to get a copy of my C&P exam along with any emails and interoffice memos related to my VA claim for my lumbar condition IAW the Privacy Act on 14 May 2019. I received a letter from them dated 28 May 2019 stating they had received my request and it would be processed in the order it was received. I telephone them on 9 Sept 2019 requesting a status update and the lady informed me that all she could state was that my request was "pending" (why give a telephone number if you have questions concerning your request if they cannot give an accurate update?). I needed the C&P exam information along with the other information to file a rebuttal to my claim for increase in lower lumbar compensation due to increase in complications (even my C&P exam doctor stated I had sufficient increase in deterioration of my spine to rate an increase). As we know, a rebuttal to a VA disability claim has to be filed within a limited timeline and my timeline for rebuttal has expired. Can I still file my rebuttal for my VA letter of denial when I get my C&P exam information, although my time to file has expired or am I screwed by the VA due them slow rolling my request for information that I needed from my C&P exam? Should I contact an attorney, congressman, etc.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
If you have an attorney, I suggest you inform him/her.

LeoS

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
If your C&P exam was done by VA you should be able to access it on Home - My HealtheVet . Use the “blue button “ to download your information.

chiefd67

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Thank you for your information and reply. I have gone to My HealtheVet and used the blue button report, but all I get is "Internal Server Error". Never a report.

chiefd67

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
As a matter of record, my C&P exam was conducted by a doctor the VA sent me to, not by a VA doctor at the VA.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">