C&P Exams Vs SHPE

Hello,

If this is the wrong section to post this then I appologize, please move if necessary. Some backgroung information, I am currently active duty (until late july/august) and I am seperating at my normal ETS (no med board or anything of that nature). I decided to submit some claims to the VA just to see what happens with them, I'm not necessarily expecting anything. With this being said, I am extremely worried that I may have messed something up in regards to getting medical clearance to seperate on time. I have been scheduled for two C&P exams and have already attended one. Are these going to count as my SHPE/medical seperation clearance? I can't imagine they will because they seem to be only specific to my claims (psych and hearing). I read recently that if you are filing a claim with the VA then you will not attend a normal SHPE, which is the main reason I am worried. Finally, I WAS contacted a few months ago in regards to a seperation exam and I do have a date scheduled with my bases medical facility, however, I can not for the life of me remember who it was that scheduled it (VA, my normal PCM, etc) and I'm not entriely sure if it is the correct exam for me considering I am filing a claim with the VA. Basically I'm worried that I will go to this appointment and that they will tell me I was supposed to schedule something entirely different. I can't really postpose my current seperation as I have everything already lined up to get out and go to college (enrolled, lease signed, etc), honestly I would rather cancel the claim entirely than have my seperation date pushed.

Thank you for any and all help with this and again if this is the wrong place to post this I appologize.