California Army National Guard? Non duty Medical? I need you!

TopSecret

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Dear pebforum,

I just launched a successful salvo against CAARNG, and I want to keep the pressure on. I need to talk you if you are a current/former member of the California Army National Guard and:

1) your INCAP pay has not been processed while your LOD is/was being adjudicated.
2) your requests for LODs have been ignored.
3) your LOD investigations are way outside of the timelines in AR 600-8-4.
4) you were non duty medically discharged while LOD investigations were pending.
5) you were non duty medically discharged without a formal LOD finding of "not in the line of duty."
6) you were non duty medically discharged for a condition for which you hold a VA rating.

I will ask you for a sworn statement that asserts one of the above as well as some evidence for the purpose of vetting you. Other than that I don't want personal medical details, nor need them. Your sworn statement will be included in a complaint to the Army General and TAG, as well as NGBIG and the state government. I'm holding off on a federal congressional pending the outcome from NGBIG.

Please sound off in this thread with basic details, and your desired outcome. It may take some time for me to get back to you, as I have a lot going on (and I have to wait to see how CAARNG reacts to all that is happening), so don't be disappointed if some time lapses. Also, I don't know what to expect in terms of a response from all of you; maybe it will be overwhelming.

P.S. I cannot help the Air Guard currently due to the specific tactic I'm using; however, that may change shortly, so by all means Air Guard sound off in this thread too.

Thank you

We are already talking but...

2) your requests for LODs have been ignored... They were ignored up until I went AWOL in 2013 and went to the ER for ulcers and coughing up blood. I began the LOD process in 2008 which was largely ignored and again in 2010. State Surgeon's Office and MSG Garcia are aware of this. One CSM Waddell swept my LODs under the rug back in 2008 and had them closed out without action.

3) your LOD investigations are way outside of the timelines in AR 600-8-4. Well... since I submitted them in July 2013 and received no response until October 2014 after separation I think this would count.

4) you were non duty medically discharged while LOD investigations were pending. Again, yes, sent you the sworn statement which would include number 5 as well since a formal LOD finding was not issued. I did receive an LOD for a tonsillectomy and for Patella Femoral Pain Syndrome, approved. I was never issued an LOD for my concussion either and was told it would likely be denied when I pushed for one as an ILLEGAL and INCOMPLETE article 15 was initiated. The leadership involved in that have since been separated due to misconduct.

6) you were non duty medically discharged for a condition for which you hold a VA rating. Well... I am now sitting at 70%. I was at 40% prior to my separation.

Thank you for your support Daniel. Now that I am on offense, I'm hoping to attack with an entire team. Your support is very helpful; I hope others will join us.

Good luck tomorrow with the phone numbers I gave you. They are both really good guys.

If you widened your scope to other states,

Yes on 1, 2, and 3, and then some. I have been in the trenches in Florida over some of the same ground for the last year and a half or more, with some amount of success. PM me to compare notes and tactics if you'd like.

I think widening the scope could be of some help because it is NGB that is the issue with regard to the LOD cases.

If you widened your scope to other states,

Yes on 1, 2, and 3, and then some. I have been in the trenches in Florida over some of the same ground for the last year and a half or more, with some amount of success. PM me to compare notes and tactics if you'd like.

Thanks for you interest. I have been watching you for some time. You and I are of very like minds on these issues. I am not widening my scope yet, because my recent success was based on a quirk of state law as well as pressure from specific state government personnel; however, I have also been working closely with NGBIG, and I would like to overwhelm them with cases from across the country at some point. Just not yet. I'm also still looking for the right federal representatives to take on these issues. It was easier to find them at the state level.

I will definitely reach out to you when the time is right.

I think widening the scope could be of some help because it is NGB that is the issue with regard to the LOD cases.

Daniel, you and I will need to talk about this more. One of my LODs made it to NGB as informal. It was approved by them in just a few weeks. 99% of the problems are coming from the State, but I don't know those details of your case. I plan to widen the scope as this forum proves that the system is out of control; however, right now we need to focus like laser beams. I just had a success that took only 14 days to accomplish. I'm sure FloridaInjuredinCombat would agree that that is a world record for the National Guard. We need to hit hard here at home.

I think I may have found our federal representative. Hopefully, I'll know for sure by the end of the week. Have you done any Congressionals at all for your case? I briefed the state government rep. that you would be calling him.

Do you have something from the PEB stating that they believe your case is duty related? What were their recommendations? What discharge document did the National Guard issue you? Does it say non-duty medical on it?

I will upload what came from Ft. Lewis jag which brought my non duty peb to a halt. The guard separation is medically non retained. I did do a congressional through Doris Matsui I think was the rep. Nothing was done from the Congressional.

I will upload what came from Ft. Lewis jag which brought my non duty peb to a halt. The guard separation is medically non retained. I did do a congressional through Doris Matsui I think was the rep. Nothing was done from the Congressional.

Daniel,

Thanks for helping me to organize your case. I know you have a lot going on. The memo was just sent to the General, so let's see how they react.

Top Secret,

I too am a CA ARNG soldier. Today I just received what the State Surgeon office is going to do. A non-duty related medical separation. Unfortunately, I have have a pending formal LOD that has not gone through the process. I am Currently 100% VA total and permanent for the conditions I have claimed. I say unfortunately because my issues stem from an Active duty Air Force deployment. And now I have a Army Capt that has no clue to look at (in my opinion)

The state surgeon PA Cpt Coleman has deemed me non duty related. Funny thing is I have served in the armed forces for over 24 years. I wonder why they can even assume this. I can go into more details if and when you can get in contact with me. my email is [email protected]. Please feel free to reach out ASAP.

Thank you

RZ

Razsniper, are you willing to talk to the press? I am trying to get this story out. NGB as a whole is dicking everyone around. I know the regs inside and out having done separations and fought mine tooth and nail to the point where my stomach had ulcers and my belly button was bleeding. Still dealing with a crippling blow medically speaking as my medication has failed. Hoping for good news... at least one bastard that screwed me will be seeing me in court in October... I hope your case goes well. In August, the PEB rules changed... go for the PEB... if anything, it will by time for that LOD to get done hopefully. Mine took... 2009-2014... that's 5 years... for three LODs.

Hey Daniel,

Hope you are doing well... I know who you are... I worked like three cubes away from you while you were there... I know your hard work and ethics. Keep the good fight... As far as me going to press... Well if it is needed. I just received the Physician Assistant CPT Coleman... I will never call him a Doctor. But anyways. I am heading to JFHQ on Monday to inquire on the BULLSHIT he is throwing out.

Yeah... he isn't a doctor by any means. I think my dog is more qualified to be a doctor than him. It just bugs me that people that sacrifice their time and in some cases, health, get screwed over like this. I am just thankful I found something that keeps the ulcers from getting worse. I am hoping to be able to afford the higher strength capsules. Did some experimentation on my health since Remicade failed. A 3-1 ratio CBD capsule will keep symptoms of a flare down and improves my mood. A 24-1 capsule (only had enough to get a week supply) reversed some of the damage (mouth sores healed completely and so did my fistula). Hoping to draft something for our congressman to bring so the VA can prescribe CBD oil.

Chaplain,

Does this also apply to military officers that are appointed and do not practice medicine, just sit in an office and do paperwork against military personnel?

Things are happening! So I'm reviving this thread. I'm still looking for more victims.

Thank you Jason and MParker for the recent phone conversations you had in support of this endeavor.

Chaplain,

Does this also apply to military officers that are appointed and do not practice medicine, just sit in an office and do paperwork against military personnel?

Absolutely, most professionals in the military need a license (doctors, nurses, PAs...) or endorsement (chaplains) to continue serving. Lose your endorsement/license and your can not function in your job. Each state licensing board has standards. Find the licensing authority, read the board's standards, documents failure of state board standards, report the same to the state board. Be careful about this, wagons everywhere will start circling. Always have hard core documentation.

I have hard core documents and emails... I honestly do not feel the slightest bit of guilt for the current leadership but, things need to change so that all service members get a fair process. If the board rules against them, they rule against them but for NGB to deny an MEB, to deny correct LODs, to withhold information, to extort, and to deny fair process and omit counselings or information regarding INCAP... all of this is illegal. I gave SO MANY chances for the administration within the California army national guard to change and do the right thing. This is about integrity. If we do not do what is right at the lowest level up... how can we hope to create change at the top? This is also why I vote. I care about this country and do not want to see its military or its politicians corrupt and railroad the people that serve and support those that serve. Sorry, but need to vent. TopSecret would have been booted out illegally had he not called me and submitted his actual paperwork. Many other soldiers were in his boat having numerous medical issues from deployment but the state surgeon and... the 40th ID CSM and Division Commander wrote essentially, "we don't care if they have medical issues, they go to Annual Training or get kicked out for AWOL" which is against AR 135-91... medically non deployable soldiers are not able to attend active duty training without a waiver from the state surgeon and none of them had one. If anyone else is in this boat of being screwed out of the proper process, please, contact myself or TopSecret on here or post.