Can anyone help me with my C&P and NARSUM reports?

DakotaA

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I've had my reports for a while, and I have a ton of questions. I've posted in this forum twice with no response, and I'm really just needing some help. I can provide any information that may be needed.

what do you need

I'm trying to figure out my approximate rating for a knee injury. I had a knee scope, and physical therapy for a "patella chondral defect".

Have gone through all the appointments and whatnot. I'm just trying to decypher my ROM tests to see what that translates to on the rating scale. Really just trying to get an idea of what they will rate my knee at.

Here's what the QTC Dr wrote about my knee:

Left knee- Abnormal or outside of normal range

Flexion: 0-80 degrees
Extension: 0-80 degrees

ROM exhibited pain in both.

Evidence of pain in weight bearing: yes

Pain noted on examination and causes functional loss

Localized pain and tenderness from palpation

Pain, weakness, and fatigability significantly limit functional ability with flare ups

Functional impact:
No running, jumping, squatting, climbing, crawling, or repetitive lifting.

I have other claimed conditions, but my knee was what put me on the board.

Also, the PEB has only had my package for like a week, and my ebenefits already says "pending decision approval". I've been told that the VA will not start advancing your case on ebenefits until they've received word that you are unfit from the PEB. Is there any truth to that?

Thats the important stuff, I believe. I've got other things that I've claimed, but they're more easy to understand. If any more information is needed, I'd be happy to find it.

Did you check militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com ? My package has been awaiting decision approval for about 3 weeks now, PEB still hasn't looked at my stuff.

I'm trying to figure out my approximate rating for a knee injury. I had a knee scope, and physical therapy for a "patella chondral defect".

Have gone through all the appointments and whatnot. I'm just trying to decypher my ROM tests to see what that translates to on the rating scale. Really just trying to get an idea of what they will rate my knee at.

Here's what the QTC Dr wrote about my knee:

Left knee- Abnormal or outside of normal range

Flexion: 0-80 degrees
Extension: 0-80 degrees

ROM exhibited pain in both.

Evidence of pain in weight bearing: yes

Pain noted on examination and causes functional loss

Localized pain and tenderness from palpation

Pain, weakness, and fatigability significantly limit functional ability with flare ups

Functional impact:
No running, jumping, squatting, climbing, crawling, or repetitive lifting.

I have other claimed conditions, but my knee was what put me on the board.

Also, the PEB has only had my package for like a week, and my ebenefits already says "pending decision approval". I've been told that the VA will not start advancing your case on ebenefits until they've received word that you are unfit from the PEB. Is there any truth to that?

Thats the important stuff, I believe. I've got other things that I've claimed, but they're more easy to understand. If any more information is needed, I'd be happy to find it.
Look at the CFR 38 for knees. See spreadsheet for hyperlinks to DBQ's and CFR 38

Attachments

• DBQ's.zip
    16.8 KB · Views: 21
Title 10 US CODE also has some good info, along with CFR 38.