Can I get two P3 profiles for two UNRELATED med boardable conditions?

Tech

Registered Member
So, I was just referred to MEB by my Neurologist for refractory migraines but, at the same time, Pain Management Clinic, as well as my Orthopedic Surgeon, recommended to my PCM that I have also reached MRDP and should be referred to IDES for another health issue other than a migraine. SO MY QUESTION IS, is it possible to be referred to MEB by two different providers for 2 different medical conditions at the same time for one person? That is, can I get two P3 profiles for two med boardable conditions?

Any response will be appreciated.

Thank you guys.

Warrior644

Staff Member
PEB Forum Lifetime Supporter
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So, I was just referred to MEB by my Neurologist for refractory migraines but, at the same time, Pain Management Clinic, as well as my Orthopedic Surgeon, recommended to my PCM that I have also reached MRDP and should be referred to IDES for another health issue other than a migraine. SO MY QUESTION IS, is it possible to be referred to MEB by two different providers for 2 different medical conditions at the same time for one person? That is, can I get two P3 profiles for two med boardable conditions?

Any response will be appreciated.

Thank you guys.
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

With the assumption that you are in the U.S. Army, I shall provide the following feedback:

Q1: Is it possible to be referred to MEB by two different providers for 2 different medical conditions at the same time for one person?
A1a: Normally, your assigned Army PCM completes a DA Form 3349 with either a "3" or "4" in the PULHES for any/all medical conditions warranting such a numerical designation.
A1b: Other Army or civilian specialty medical providers would normally forward their request for a "3" or "4" coded permanent profile to your Army PCM for direct action to submit a DA Form 3349 with the "3" or "4" numerical designation.
A1c: Then, the MEB physician needs to determine if your limitation meets retention criteria IAW Ch 3, AR 40-501. If the soldier meets retention criteria, a MMRB is mandatory. If the soldier does not meet retention criteria, a MEB is mandatory.
A1d: The DA Form 3349 requires the Profiling Officer to check a box with either "Yes needs MMRB" or "No need MEB" in Block 7 after responding to the question "Does the soldier meet retention standards IAW Chapter 3 AR 40-501?"

Q2: Can I get two P3 profiles for two med boardable conditions?
A2a: Actually, you can only be assigned one permanent profile with numerous numerical designations in the PULHES.
A2b: For example, if a military job requires a PULHES serial profile of "123123," that means, in order to qualify for that job, a soldier would have to be medically rated the following:
  • P = 1 (e.g., in the area of physical capacity or stamina)
  • U = 2 (e.g., in the area of upper extremities)
  • L = 3 (e.g., in the area of lower extremities)
  • H = 1 (e.g., in the area of hearing and ears)
  • E = 2 (e.g., in the area of eyes and visual acuity)
  • S = 3 (e.g., in the area of stability/psychiatry)
That said, an Army profile containing one or more numerical designations of a “3” signifies that the individual has one or more medical conditions or physical defects that may require significant limitations. For those applying for military service, this designation is usually a disqualification. For individuals already in the service, like amputees or seizure patients, they may still be able to stay in the military, but limited in what duties they can perform. Hope this helps. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Old Top

Registered Member
I am just starting down the long road of MEB/PEB. I was rated P3 and referred to the board for Neck, Lower Back, PTSD and Apnea. So, I would have to answer yes to your question. Good luck with everything!

Tech

Registered Member
I am just starting down the long road of MEB/PEB. I was rated P3 and referred to the board for Neck, Lower Back, PTSD and Apnea. So, I would have to answer yes to your question. Good luck with everything!
Thank you, and good luck to you as well.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">