Caregiver processing timeline

THolleyH46

PEB Forum Veteran
How long does it take to hear back on your caregiver application?

My wife applied and no one came to the house we just did a phone interview. The lady said we probably wouldn’t qualify but we haven’t officially heard back yet. She said my wife provided me a lot of support but it was more domestic than caregiving. It’s been about a week and a half since we did the phone call and no news yet.

ArmyVet0711

Registered Member

My wife applied and no one came to the house we just did a phone interview. The lady said we probably wouldn’t qualify but we haven’t officially heard back yet. She said my wife provided me a lot of support but it was more domestic than caregiving. It’s been about a week and a half since we did the phone call and no news yet.
I cannot say for sure how long it will take for you to get a response, but when my wife and I went through the process it took around 2 months or less from the time of application until the time of the first stipend payment. I remember us filling out the application then doing the phone interview and a little later a caregiver nurse came out and did a walk through of our home as well as an interview. Dont hunt me down if it takes longer because different states may have different time frames. Mine was done back in 2012. They will also back pay you to the date that you filed the application. Good luck my friend!

molonlabedoc

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member

How did this turn out for you?

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">