CBWTU question. Being denied

I am really really frustrated with the WTU experience. It has been a complete run-a-round since I got there. I also have been fighting for a CBWTU transfer. What FINALLY got someones attention was writing everything down in my AWCTS. I found out this is the way to get things done because everyone in the higher echelons reads those surveys if you put that your needs are not being met, by clicking "high" priority, and also telling the facts about how nobody seems to be able to provide answers.

Just FYI this approach got everyones attention, however my case manager was really ticked that I called her out on AWCTS. Needless to say they transferred me to someone new who seems better equipped to try to help me. Don't stop asking, also write it down in your survey EVERY week that you asked and nobody is helping you…

YOU ARE CORRECT!! I figured that out also. I started numbering things and putting names and dates beside them for when it was discussed, and I put "high", and then they were taken care of quicker. I still have some issues, but now I choose my battles, and the big ones I have been winning.

Well I am at Ft. Jackson and our WTU is closing… However they told us that if we are already up here they will just keep us here… I live in Charleston which is 150 miles away.. My CBWTU packet has been pending for like 3 months… I am not sure that it has ever been truly submitted. I am seriously considering voluntarily leaving the WTU program so that I can get home…. Has anyone ever heard of someone doing that?

NO YOU WILL NOT! --- I know EXACTLY how you feel.

OK, I don't know your personal reasons for doing this, but I tried to REFRAD many times. I was always fighting to leave, but then my PEBLO was very kind and she showed me what I would lose if I did REFRAD. -- My life has been on the side of hell since I have been here, but I am still hanging on. --

What you are going to do is stay. You are going to take your life in your own hands. Spend your evenings reading every thread of this blog (that is the only thing that saved my sanity). If you had a terrible day, and you feel like you are being screwed over, you are going to put it in the form of a question (or tons of questions if needed), and by the next day you will have some form of answers to go back to the people who are trying to tell you wrong.

If you are going through the med board, If you leave, you are only going to hurt yourself. -- If you are a RTD, that is different, but right now, there are very few RTDs in WTU.

You are going to have some bad days -- I had a crying day yesterday -- But, then it will get better. MINE DID!

When you are frustrated, pop on here and say HI!

OH!! Number one thing! STAY OUT OF TROUBLE!!! We want you MED Boarded, not under a chapter!

Stay strong. IT will get better.

NO YOU WILL NOT! --- I know EXACTLY how you feel.

OK, I don't know your personal reasons for doing this, but I tried to REFRAD many times. I was always fighting to leave, but then my PEBLO was very kind and she showed me what I would lose if I did REFRAD. -- My life has been on the side of hell since I have been here, but I am still hanging on. --

What you are going to do is stay. You are going to take your life in your own hands. Spend your evenings reading every thread of this blog (that is the only thing that saved my sanity). If you had a terrible day, and you feel like you are being screwed over, you are going to put it in the form of a question (or tons of questions if needed), and by the next day you will have some form of answers to go back to the people who are trying to tell you wrong.

If you are going through the med board, If you leave, you are only going to hurt yourself. -- If you are a RTD, that is different, but right now, there are very few RTDs in WTU.

You are going to have some bad days -- I had a crying day yesterday -- But, then it will get better. MINE DID!

When you are frustrated, pop on here and say HI!

OH!! Number one thing! STAY OUT OF TROUBLE!!! We want you MED Boarded, not under a chapter!

Stay strong. IT will get better.

Thanks… I just get sooooo fed up with everyone lying to me and just being plain lazy. I feel like I am missing out on my life the longer I stay here. UGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I am only at 100 days VA but I have never heard from my PEBLO once since this then… I hold have been in CBWTU but nobody seems to care. When I get pissed off they tell me that I need to see someone in behavioral health. I entered this process with musculoskeletal injuries and am leaving with a myriad of behavioral health diagnoses and other things just because I m angry!!!!

Don't worry, I won't get in trouble. i just keep to myself and try to drive home whenever possible….

100 days and counting (initial 6 month WTU orders almost over, guess another 6 coming my way)

FWIW, my first day in the WTU was November 16, 2009. I was transferred to the CBWTU in March 2010. Here we are, four years later and I do not have my rating yet.

They kept me on rehabilitation and profile for 12 months (after arriving at the CBWTU) before submitting my IDES claim, then it took 12 months before I went to my C&P evaluations, 18 months after that I saw my DA3947, two months later I had a DA199, it had to be sent back for a VARR and I've been waiting for over three months to see the VARR come back.

This is 1531 days in the WTU/CBWTU (4 years, 2 months and 9 days)

I'd much rather have the freedom that comes with being released from active duty, however here are the good things I have accomplished while on Active Duty using the WTU/CBWTU resources.

1.) Successful SSDI claim
2.) 100% proposed P&T from DoVA
3.) Chapter 35 Dependents Educational Assistance for my childrens college
4.) Home loan modification reducing my principal from $310,000 to $150,000 and reducing the interest rate from 5% variable to 2% fixed.
5.) DoVA Vocational Rehabilitation approved and currently attending in lieu of duty.

Use the time in the WTU to move forward and make progress, there are tons of resources and plenty of organizations that are there to assist you in meting your goals.

I feel like I could handle this better if i was a little closer to my family. They are getting ready to extend me there and it worries me:-/

I feel like I could handle this better if i was a little closer to my family. They are getting ready to extend me there and it worries me:-/

Don't get down, and don't quit. Find someone in your unit, or in a sister unit you can buddy up with. Hopefully it will be someone who is a few months ahead of you. I had to learn this the hard way. Find a friend, and hang on tight. Go through the path together. Go to lunch, hang out at the MWR, watch a movie, and help each other sign up for benefits. I was totally alone for the first year I was here, and I wish I had be well enough to make some friends. -- JUST remember, the cadre is NOT your friend. Even WTU policies say they can't be your friend, so don't even try.

AND when you get really down, just pop on here, and read all the stuff you can do today to make your future better.

BTW -- You said you had a family, remember, you are doing this for them too. Hang in there. We are here for you!