Chapter 14 and med board

Madiecowell

Registered Member
I am facing chapter 14 for pattern of misconduct and completed the phase1, also my CC and BC is recommending for honorable discharge. However I’ve been on profile since march because of pain on my legs and i was just diagnoised with exertional compartment syndrome which I was recommended to go through the surgery and I’m wondering what will happen to my chapter. My packet is not completed and I was informed that process of chapter will be held off through my surgery/recovery period. Will there be a possibility that i will be medically discharged instead of facing the chapter? One of my battle buddy is suffering with the same illness and he has been through two surgeries which did not help so he is medically discharged after a year of process. Is this something i can fight for by hiring a lawayer for medical retirement as well?
To clarify, my misconduct has no connection to my medical condition.

After surgery, if your doctors determine you have made a satisfactory recovery the command can move forward with the chapter if its a failed surgery you might get a second one and then maybe end up like your friend but it must be supported from your doctors that the surgery was not successful.

After surgery, if your doctors determine you have made a satisfactory recovery the command can move forward with the chapter if its a failed surgery you might get a second one and then maybe end up like your friend but it must be supported from your doctors that the surgery was not successful.

If he has been on a no pt profile for a year it's an automatic meb referral. I told him to seek a second opinion because army doctors tend to under diagnose and they have a tendency to ignore medical problems in other words malpractice.

If he has been on a no pt profile for a year it's an automatic meb referral. I told him to seek a second opinion because army doctors tend to under diagnose and they have a tendency to ignore medical problems in other words malpractice.
Being on a no PT profile is not an "automatic meb" being on a non-deployable profile for over a year can lead to it but the command can choose between that or admin separation because the policy is new its hard to say what the services are doing to clear the books either IDES or admin separations.

Being on a no PT profile is not an "automatic meb" being on a non-deployable profile for over a year can lead to it but the command can choose between that or admin separation because the policy is new its hard to say what the services are doing to clear the books either IDES or admin separations.

They recently changed it. Any profile for over a year is an automatic review for an meb. The command can't choose if a soldier is granted an MEB if a doctor initiates one. It becomes out of their hands at that point and goes to the CG.

My command tried to chapter me after I started having medical issues. Same bullshit, "pattern of misconduct." I was scheduled for my final paperwork signing. I appealed to slow the process down and an meb was initiated 3 days before the final signing of the phase 2 chapter paperwork.

My command team was furious and tried to call the Jag office and was informed that there was nothing they could do. They made my life a living hell for over a year while my meb was processed. They attempted to influence my doctors, got in the way of my medical care, tried to prevent me from having surgery, stripped me of all of my rank, and had me sent to the psych ward 5 times.

The army "psychiatrist" tried to diagnose me with three separate personality disorders and an adjustment disorder despite the fact PTSD was on my narsum and in my QTC notes.

In the end I was found unfit for duty and was placed on pdrl. I was given 100% permanent through both the army and the VA. Needless to say I know all the tricks the army tries to play. I refused to let them f me over and did everything I had to do to win. Fuck them I say. Fight them tooth and nail!

I was given ch 14-12c for drug abuse after being found unfit for duty I wonder if I have a good case