Claim closed but says bel

Ehznoo

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hi everyone,
So my claim was closed on March 31 but it only says bel. Does anyone know what bel means in va terms.

I have no clue but mine did this as well. Not sure about your case but mine started a new claim on March 19 for "BEL" and then says it closed the same day. It says they sent a decision letter that day and I will get it in 7-10 business days. This past friday was 10 business days from that update. However, it still shows my original claim as "pending" in review status. So I'm not sure what this new "BEL" claim is.

I actually have the same thing mine open and closed on March 31st and said I should get a letter in 7-10 business days. I was looking around and found out bel means benefit estimate letter

I actually have the same thing mine open and closed on March 31st and said I should get a letter in 7-10 business days. I was looking around and found out bel means benefit estimate letter
That sounds right but I would think our original claim would be closed out if they sent a letter listing our benefits eligibility

Yeah it’s confusing. I have read on here that you can ask them to email you your proposed rating which is what I plan on doing this week

Yeah it’s confusing. I have read on here that you can ask them to email you your proposed rating which is what I plan on doing this week
Your PEBLO and MSC should be able to see it if you have a proposed rating already. A call might be faster than an email.

I hope to hear some good news
Another way to find your proposed ratings is to call the VA directly. Some workers there wont be willing to look it up for you so you have to call until you get the right person to tell you your proposed ratings. That worked for me

Another way to find your proposed ratings is to call the VA directly. Some workers there wont be willing to look it up for you so you have to call until you get the right person to tell you your proposed ratings. That worked for me
I’ve called twice and haven’t had any luck as of yet so I’ll just wait patiently for the letter

I still
I’ve called twice and haven’t had any luck as of yet so I’ll just wait patiently for the letter
I haven’t received my letter but I was able to find it in my “documents” hyperlink on VA.gov. Unfortunately this letter just says I have no disabilities and no ratings from the VA. Apparently others on the blog have also received this and it has not been accurate. Not sure what the issue is. I called my MSC today and was unable to get a hold of her so I tried my PEBLO who was unable to offer me any new info.

To make a long post short, the letter that was mailed to us might just be a waste of paper and postage. Don’t hold your breath.

I still

I haven’t received my letter but I was able to find it in my “documents” hyperlink on VA.gov. Unfortunately this letter just says I have no disabilities and no ratings from the VA. Apparently others on the blog have also received this and it has not been accurate. Not sure what the issue is. I called my MSC today and was unable to get a hold of her so I tried my PEBLO who was unable to offer me any new info.

To make a long post short, the letter that was mailed to us might just be a waste of paper and postage. Don’t hold your breath.
I also have the same letter. Emailed my peblo and got nothing back

I also have the same letter. Emailed my peblo and got nothing back
I called the VA and they were able to email the letter, through and encryption, to me. It’s a “Benefits Estimate Letter” and it has the proposed rating in it.

I called the VA and they were able to email the letter, through and encryption, to me. It’s a “Benefits Estimate Letter” and it has the proposed rating in it.
Awesome I should be receiving the proposed letter sometime next week