Claim Increase approval?

tuantrang

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello,

Sorry if i posted in the wrong section, currently i got a stress fracture on left and right side and both is 10% rate each, i just ask for an increase on both around september, i finally got a notification letter sent but i'm kinda worry that i won't get an increase, usually how hard is it to get a approve or how do i know if i get approve? one of my veteran friend told me that sometime e-benefits tell you the rating before the letter reach to my house. Right now i can't find a job and i living with my parents, both of my leg still hurt to walk too much.

Update: I finally got a proposal letter from the va stating that i be getting decrease from 20% instead of an increase like i thought i would, is this something i should be worry about? i dont know what to do, i probably gonna wait an extra week just in case they make a mistake, currently my leg is still hurting and it prevent me from walking so by the injury decreasing i have to find a job some how.

What should i do?

What part of your leg has stress fractures?

Hello,

Sorry if i posted in the wrong section, currently i got a stress fracture on left and right side and both is 10% rate each, i just ask for an increase on both around september, i finally got a notification letter sent but i'm kinda worry that i won't get an increase, usually how hard is it to get a approve or how do i know if i get approve? one of my veteran friend told me that sometime e-benefits tell you the rating before the letter reach to my house. Right now i can't find a job and i living with my parents, both of my leg still hurt to walk too much.
Update: I finally got a proposal letter from the va stating that i be getting decrease from 20% instead of an increase like i thought i would, is this something i should be worry about? i dont know what to do, i probably gonna wait an extra week just in case they make a mistake, currently my leg is still hurting and it prevent me from walking so by the injury decreasing i have to find a job some how.

What should i do?
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

In addition to @chaplaincharlie's feedback, exactly what does to DoVA Rating Agency's notification letter state as to why a decrease in your VA disability rating(s) is(are) being proposed at this particular point in time?

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

left and right knee stress fracture and limited to rom, i got a letter say that left knee is still 10% and right kneed is reduce to 0%, but right now i just check the usps it say there suppose to be another letter from veteran affairs evidence intake, i'm gonna update you guys on what it say, as of now my ebenefits still stating 20%.

What should i do?

It sounds like you received a proposal to reduce your rating and yes, it is something to be concerned about.
The instructions that should have accompanied the letter are:
—you have 30 days in which to request a hearing.
—you have 60 days in which to provide evidence of why your rating should not be reduced.

Recommend you seek assistance from a veterans service officer with your county, American Legion, VFW, DAV, etc.

Ron

I did not see a question, but as the decision letter indicates, a letter proposing a reduction of one 10% rating will be forthcoming. That letter will discuss the 30 and 60 day thresholds mentioned earlier. You rating remains unchanged until an official reduction.

I have interpreted the attachments as one 10% rating continued and another will be officially proposed for reduction in the future (which would end it) . You will likely receive a proposal to reduce (letter) soon. It could not be done without the administrative procedures required for a reduction.

Ron

Last edited:
With the benefit of the letter it appears you are being reduce from 20 to 10%. I agree with all @RonG said, with these additions.

1. Download the appropriate DBQ.
The DBQs can be found here; https://www.benefits.va.gov/COMPENSATION/dbq_listbysymptom.asp

2. Take it to your provider and have him/her complete the form. That will be the evidence you need as stated by RonG.

3. Furthermore, I'd be interested if you are experiencing any other symptoms in your hips, legs, feet or back. If so, file on those contentions because they more likely than not resulted from compensating for your knee injuries. This is done by downloading the appropriate DBQ and asking your doc to complete those forms as well.

Best wishes

Mike

Well update: I try to submit an increase again and they call me in for a check up, now waiting for result, i'm at gathering evidence stage.