CLAIMS Decision Events

TAT2DVETPI

Registered Member
If youve been waiting the ungodly amount of time it takes to make a VA rating decision on your claim, look for a Veterans Experience Action Center near you or travel to the next event. The events happen throughout the state and typically 3 or 4 times a year, more if youre lucky. I am in NC and the events get more efficient every time. Depending on where your claim is in the process and if additional evidence is needed, the claim you filed prior to attending the event could be given a rating decision while you wait. If you need to file a claim or request an increase or file an appeal, this event can also assist.

If you have questions I will do my best to answer them... [email protected]

Veterans Benefits, Health Administrations, Vet Center and Veterans Service Organizations representatives will assist with:
  • Face-to-face explanation and assistance facilitating and expediting existing claims and appeals
  • Filing new claims
  • Providing information regarding benefit-related VA programs: VRE, education, home loans, insurance, education and burial benefits
  • Counseling for bereavement, military sexual trauma, substance abuse and mental health screening
  • Information about eligibility for Healthcare
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What if my claim is already pending?
Representatives will be able to provide up to date information on the status and next steps, potentially including completion.

Will a decision be made on site?
Representatives will review all the available information and determine the next best step. If additional evidence is needed before a decision can be made (such as an examination, medical opinion or service treatment records), then a decision likely will not be made that day but the claim will be moving forward. On occasion, the complexity or the jurisdiction of the claim or appeal may also prevent same-day action; however, representatives will provide up to date information and assist to expedite as much as possible.

How do I get in line for services?
Upon arrival, get a numbered ticket from the hosts. You must have this number to receive services. Expect long wait times.

What should I bring?
Bring available supporting evidence, DD-214, and identification.

Who should attend?
Services are offered for Veterans and eligible family members. If you have questions about what benefits may be available and how to apply, this event is for you.