Clarification on MEB process

JonPeb

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I have searched this (awesome) site for answers but cannot find them. There are a few things that don't make much sense to me.

If there is a major event that leaves you with multiple unfit conditions but your doctor only initiates a MEB for one condition, then your NARSUM will only reflect that one condition?

From what I understand, the PEB will look at all conditions... but how is that possible if they are not in the NARSUM? `

What if you do have multiple unfitting conditions but the NARSUM does not reflect them, you don't get official LODs for all conditions and then your package is sent to the PEB?

I am really curious because my C&P exams were for multiple conditions that I have been being treated for for a long time but I was only referred to the MEB for one thing. I likely have multiple "unfitting" conditions.

My PEBLO told me two days after my C&Ps were complete that my MEB was done. I am assuming here that the NARSUM was already (mostly) written at that point. Should I be concerned that the NARSUM will not entirely describe my situation?

When you meet with the VA rep (MSC) you can file a claim with the VA for ALL contentions. Those contentions are these evaluated during the C&P exam.

If the Informal PEB on rates you for one conditions, you can appeal to the Formal PEB. I recommend an attorney if an appeal becomes necessary.

When you meet with the VA rep (MSC) you can file a claim with the VA for ALL contentions. Those contentions are these evaluated during the C&P exam.

If the Informal PEB on rates you for one conditions, you can appeal to the Formal PEB. I recommend an attorney if an appeal becomes necessary.

Thank you chaplaincharlie. I really appreceate your input. Would you recommend an IMR if all of the conditions I gave to my MSC is not in my NARSUM or should I not expect that at all?

You will have the opportunity to review your NARSUM and sign it also (if you haven't already). You can ask for an Independent Opinion also. If you are not in a hurry to get out the FPEB is an option, but if you want the process done with ASAP get it added now.

Thank you chaplaincharlie. I really appreceate your input. Would you recommend an IMR if all of the conditions I gave to my MSC is not in my NARSUM or should I not expect that at all?
Absolutely! Use every mechanism that has chance to advance your position.