Clearance question

Kiloniner

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I was wondering if the military can suspend or take away my security clearance due to medical reasons? (medical reason being PTSD)

I was wondering if the military can suspend or take away my security clearance due to medical reasons? (medical reason being PTSD)

On the AF side of the house that would be a yes, but I'm assuming you are Army so maybe one of the soldiers can give you a reply.

• Myth: I cannot get or maintain my security clearance if I am diagnosed with PTSD.
    Fact: Getting treatment for PTSD is not necessarily a threat to an individual’s security clearance. In fact, mental health counseling can be a positive factor in the clearance process.3 Army records show that 99.98 percent of cases with psychological concerns obtained/retained their security clearance.4 Additionally, service members are not required to report some treatments, including those for PTSD, they received due to service in the military when they apply for a security clearance.5 Factors that could result in clearance refusal include not meeting financial obligations, criminal actions or engaging in activities benefiting a foreign nation.3

Yes I am AF. What is the justification for them suspending my clearance. By them doing this i can do the little job i have left.

I guess it depends on your job and what your clearance is for, if you're PRP I would assume you will lose your PRP but might keep your clearance although it might be suspended. I work F22's and it doesn't take much for clearances to be put on hold or suspended, the best bet is to talk to your security manager off the record.