COAD DENIED BY ARMY IN RECORD TIME

ARMY HRC Disapproved My COAD Request in a Record Time of 13 Days...No explanation ...Got MY Retirement Date 6 Nov 2019. 66 days short of 7200 Active Duty points...Talked w PDA Attorneys they said nothing can be done at this time...My leadership is trying to help but I think I would to wait until I am 60 to get my CRDP....

Does anyone in the forum has any ideas/recommendations on how to proceed from here...

I'm really sorry to hear about that. You might try consulting with an outside attorney to see if there is any form of appeal option. I hope you are able to find some type of option.

How much leave do you have saved up? Leave can help you get closer to enough time for retirement. Also request permissive tdy, that’s another 20 days

Well I have 68 days of leave and should be able to take 20 of PTDY days, however per my PEBLO I guess I will have to fight to get those. That is 88 days right there but like I said, I think it is going to be uphill to get them to move the ets date but we will see. At least my O6 is backing me up...But is HRC that we need to convince...

Well if your 66 days short but have 88 days... you should be good. Keep fighting until the end!!

Today I spoke with my career manager and she told me that my COAD package went through her office and they recommended approval. I wonder who made the final decision on it...

Well I have 68 days of leave and should be able to take 20 of PTDY days, however per my PEBLO I guess I will have to fight to get those. That is 88 days right there but like I said, I think it is going to be uphill to get them to move the ets date but we will see. At least my O6 is backing me up...But is HRC that we need to convince...

You will not get even close to the 88 days. Once you sign the DA199 you hit TRANSPROC and the NLT 90 Day countdown begins. Your final day on DD214 will be 90 days from your TRANSPROC date and the remainder of your leave will be sold back.