COAD Packet Help

Trish101

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Does anyone have a good example of a Commander’s Recommendation Statement for a COAD?

Attached are examples of a COAD checklist, 4187 (army), and LOR's. I hope this helps someone out there.

Go0LTfqWRPaJDIMPO+spiA.jpgGo0LTfqWRPaJDIMPO+spiA.jpg42D8HBMVSQKhohUYI+HB0Q.jpgcHlrTKddT%S2%+nmNsByuQ.jpgfullsizeoutput_1359.jpegfullsizeoutput_135b.jpegPQJbnkrlR9avFRNExzmI0w.jpg

Thank you for the post. It is amazing how hard it has been to find information on this. My MMRB began in April. I have 19 years, 6 months AFS and 23 total years between reserves and active. I just began the Informal PEB portion of this and both my legal rep and PEBLO are telling me to get a COAD ready. They see it as the only way for me to make my 20 (26JAN20). I am curious what the approval rate is on a COAD? I haven't seen anything with that either...

You stand a good chance of making it to 20 years. Read some of the posts on this forum. You will begin to recognize some of the forum members who have been around for a while. They have solid advice.

I am in a similar boat. I have to make it to Jan/Feb 2020 as well. Remember this! Appeal, appeal, appeal. Appeal at every turn. Do the IMR, then the appeal, then the FPEB and if required do a VARR (VA Ratings Reconsideration). What post are you on? Also, go see MEB legal now if you have not already done so. They have been invaluable to me.

You don't have to submit the COAD until your DA 199 comes back. Have you signed your NARSUM yet? If not, like I said, do an IMR then appeal. Who did you're exams? VA or QTC? What was the quality of the exams? You can try and contest that as well. Bottom line, do everything in your control to delay.

When your NARSUM moves from the MEB to the iPEB, it then goes to the VA in Seattle. Right now that is taking a few months. That is when your 199 comes back