Combat related

270wsm

Registered Member
Hello, I'm new to the form. I visit often and find it to be very informative and beneficial.

My question is: Can a service connected disability be deemed combat related, but does not qualify the member to receive CRSC? Additionally, if the combat related condition does not quality the veteran to receive CRSC, could the member still retire under Chapter 61 with less than 20 years of service?

The determining factor for those going through a PEB for getting retired or med separated is the DOD %. 20% and below is separation w/disability severance pay (in most cases). 30% or more will result in Medical retirement (Temp or Perm) depending on the conditions.

Combat related conditions could entitle one to additional compensation, but only if in a retired status. Also the application is post discharge and is unrelated to the IDES/PEB process. The branch of service determines which conditions are combat related.

Hello, I'm new to the form. I visit often and find it to be very informative and beneficial.

My question is: Can a service connected disability be deemed combat related, but does not qualify the member to receive CRSC? Yes, if the member is not retired. Additionally, if the combat related condition does not quality the veteran to receive CRSC, could the member still retire under Chapter 61 with less than 20 years of service? Yes, if the combined DOD rating is 30% or higher.

The PEB can designate conditions as combat related. It is done through a "V-code."

My question is: Can a service connected disability be deemed combat related, but does not qualify the member to receive CRSC? Additionally, if the combat related condition does not quality the veteran to receive CRSC, could the member still retire under Chapter 61 with less than 20 years of service?
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!