Combining referred diagnoses

Jibberysh

Registered Member
I've been going through an MEB. ( I was hit by a drunk driver in 2018 and was diagnosed with brachial cardio thoracic outlet syndrome.) I live in constant shoulder pain but the VA only rated my shoulder pain at 20% because I have full range of motion. They also rated my anxiety at 50% . Does anyone have any advice at combining ratings? My rep says I have a good chance at combining my anxiety with my shoulder and getting retirement. Any advice? Thank you.

colleen

Registered Member
Hey! Also getting medboarded for Bilateral Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. I have not recieved my ratings, but I got surgery on my right side- had rib removed, inner/middle scalene muscle removed, and a pec minor release. When I went to the VA I was in pain. I had full range of motion, but technically I was in pain without moving my arm-therefore I didnt move my arm. You are suppose to stop moving once you have hit pain. Send me a message and we can chat.

Guardguy11

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am unfamiliar with ratings combination but hope someone can answer your question because I am curious how that process works. I have a condition that I believe caused multiple other conditions (insomnia, anxiety, chest pain) that will all be rated by the VA, but my only referred condition is cardio-inhibitory vasovagal syncope. I didn't have any of them before that condition, so my argument is those should be combined with my referred condition.

I am still waiting on my ratings to come back from the VA, but I "ass"ume that I will be in the same boat as you.

RaiderX

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I had two conditions that were unfit PTSD at 50% and DDD at 20% for a total combined DOD of 60%. The rest the VA picked up.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">