I am about 80 days until my original EAS date from the Marine Corps, and currently going through the IDES. My package just recently was closed out from the VA and have not heard back from Washington. I know I still have some time left in the process, and know I will eventually get auto extended but my question is should I bring this up to my career planner and try to put in for a voluntary extension now so I can just get an updated ID and base decals? I just don't want to wait until the last minute and get extended and rush around to get everything updated. Is there guidelines for these situations? I know once I accept my findings, my EAS will change regardless just want to be ahead of the game.