Commander's Letter *before* MEB started?

pappabear_usaf

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So I have a question...every post I read it seems the MEB process started for folks, and then the letter was sent for the Commander to fill out.

I've been MEB'd before, returned to duty C2 (about 5 yrs ago). This year for my RILO, they sent my Commander the Impact Statement to fill out...but I am not coded for MEB yet.

Is this odd or out of the ordinary?

I wonder if it was Command directed.

So I have a question...every post I read it seems the MEB process started for folks, and then the letter was sent for the Commander to fill out.

I've been MEB'd before, returned to duty C2 (about 5 yrs ago). This year for my RILO, they sent my Commander the Impact Statement to fill out...but I am not coded for MEB yet.

Is this odd or out of the ordinary?
No they will complete the NARSUM and CC letter then initiate code 37, , once they put the code 37 on They have like 30 Days to send the IRILO to AFPC medical folks so they like to have their ducks in a row first

I wonder if it was Command directed.
It was...but it didn't come as a surprise. We had talked about it. The truth of the matter is my 100% today isn't my 100% of years past. I'm past 20 and reupped for four more last summer...but come the past holidays all sorts of issues flared up or just got worse. I found myself unableto manage a full day of work and needing to go home early, or miss work all together due to migraine or no sleep.

So he submitted the letter and then they came back with continued medical observation for three months before deciding on an IRILO (I thought the first 'I' stood for initial?). I was MEB'd back in 2013 and have been RILOd ever since (C2).

So needless to say this caught my commander (also my supervisor) and my colleague (trusted friend) and even myself by surprise. The only reasoning I can think of is they want to see what my future specialty clinic appts cone out as (I am seeing sleep disorder, pain clinic, and getting another brain MRI doe neurology between now and end of May).

Does this make sense to anyone? I've scoured the forums and can't find anything posted similar.

Not sure if its correct process but my 469 had a code 37 since March 2018 but my PCM didnt write the Narsum till like may 28 and them my commander impact statement was sent to me to sign like june 15. Thats strange to me cauae AFI 10-203 para 4.2.2 says induvidual prividers will NOT initiate a AAC 37 and it sounds to me mine did.

I had a code 7 for six months before my commander statement and narsum wherever even started. I just signed my commander statement early July. Dying a slow death in wonderment right now. You would think I'm the first AGR ever processed in MEBfrom my base. I will see what the future holds. I was a command directed case back in Aug. 2017. I had to collect dr records this past winter. Just happy I have a paycheck for now. Doing the best I can. Using my leave up. Hip issues/ mental health.

Code 37, sorry

Im going to bring that up to IG or patient advocate cause AFI specifically states PCM will not initiate the 37. My understanding is pcm thinks you have unfit condition so they write a Narsum for irilo, then it goes to the dawg to see if it warrants a full MEB and if the DAWG agrees that it needs an MEB they initiate the 37.

At this point I wish anyone would just code me already...or not. It starts, it stops, over and over. Frustrated!

Im going to bring that up to IG or patient advocate cause AFI specifically states PCM will not initiate the 37. My understanding is pcm thinks you have unfit condition so they write a Narsum for irilo, then it goes to the dawg to see if it warrants a full MEB and if the DAWG agrees that it needs an MEB they initiate the 37.
I would love to know more about what the process is for what you stated, and/or what is happening with that complaint? I have similar issue. Thanks

I didn't bring it up yet, figured I wound wait a little bit. Maybe if it can be shown to violate an AFI they might start it iver again. I hate to talk to patient advocate and stir the pot amd cause more harm than good, or does patient advocate have confidentiality?

I didn't bring it up yet, figured I wound wait a little bit. Maybe if it can be shown to violate an AFI they might start it iver again. I hate to talk to patient advocate and stir the pot amd cause more harm than good, or does patient advocate have confidentiality?

I thought the EXACT same thing. My 469 from my PCM originally had me code 37. I did some digging and come to find out my condition based on the MSD is automatically grounds for an MEB i.e. code 37 which is why i ASSUME my PCM checked that box.